Lake Norman - Carolina Keelboat One Design Regatta Nov 6-8

Started by David Eve, October 05, 2009, 08:08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Eve

For those that are looking at wanting some sailing in November, the SE Fleet, has their last event of the year in November.

For those that are coming from out of town, We have free storage through the Winter, up untill Charelston raceweek, so no need to drag your boat back north.

Attached is the NOR.

Note that this event is now a 3 day event, however I have had feed back from a number of boats that probably can not make the Friday, so I am proposing that we treat nthe Friday as fun single day event, with multiple short races and a geat way to prepare for the Saturday and Sunday racing.

For more info and to register www.lnyc.org

Let me know if you have any questions.

Lee Shuckerow

Jackpot Racing team will be there. We have been sailing Lake Norman Spring and Fall for six years and we think they are the best regattas we sail all year.
Jackpot  #235

Gary Umberger

Minnetonka III- #91 is registered for the race. We look forward to it. Please let us know if we are racing on Saturday or not.

David Eve

Please let me know who is planning on attending. I have heard from a few of you. Also let me know whether you can make a friday race or not.

Hopefully we will have the same wind that we just had down in Atlanta, but without the cold rain!!

Those that I know about so far;

Gary Umberger
David Guggs
Jonathan Nye
Brad Boston
Jay Harrell
David Eve

Can we get any of the other Northern boats to start making their way south early? We can store your boat just as Kay did last year.

Brad Boston

Jackpot can make a Friday afternoon start. Maybe get 2-3 races off starting a 1:00 or 2:00pm?
Anyway we will be there Friday early am.
Brad

Lee Shuckerow

Quote from: David_75 on October 20, 2009, 08:00:17 AM
Please let me know who is planning on attending. I have heard from a few of you. Also let me know whether you can make a friday race or not.

Hopefully we will have the same wind that we just had down in Atlanta, but without the cold rain!!

Those that I know about so far;

Gary Umberger
David Guggs
Jonathan Nye
Brad Boston
Jay Harrell
David Eve

Can we get any of the other Northern boats to start making their way south early? We can store your boat just as Kay did last year.

Does anyone know officially what days the regatta is? Novemberer 6-8 or November 7-8?
Jackpot  #235

David Eve

The regatta is 6th-8th. It appears that most are available to racing friday pm, Sat and Sunday.

Please let me know if you still have questions.

Thanks

Dan Tucker

hey Gugg, I still want to come, and it doesn't conflict with my trip to METS. Just need to convince my wife that it's necessary! I can spin it into a business trip to customers up and down the East Coast though.  ;)

What would be better for you and/or the local scene- me bringing Rattler and taking interested locals as crew? Coming without the boat and jumping aboard with someone who could use some on-board coaching? Bringing the boat and a full crew?

Let me know.

Dan
Race it like you stole it.

David Eve

Dan, a boat and full crew would be great. The more boats the merrier. I am not aware of any local crew that are looking for a ride, but can put out a request for those that need to pick up a third.

Kelly Bechard

#57 is going to try to make it. The boat is new to me so I'm putting it together and taking it for a sail this week to see if it is ready to go.

Gary Umberger

I plan to be there around lunchtime on Friday. Looking forward to it.

Drew Harper

Damn, I love this event. Would like to get out for it...but alas, that's my kid weekend.

You all have a ball!
#189 UK Built Mark IV Viper "DILLIGAF"

Jonathan Nye

Is it now definite that racing starts on Friday? Had thought we'd be using Friday to rig up and practice (something I'm okay with). I'm also okay with racing so long as it's not too early. What time is the first start?
Jonathan

Dan Tucker

Quote from: David_75 on October 20, 2009, 05:14:02 PM
Dan, a boat and full crew would be great. The more boats the merrier. I am not aware of any local crew that are looking for a ride, but can put out a request for those that need to pick up a third.
Damn, now I gotta find crew AND haul the boat down!
Race it like you stole it.

Lee Shuckerow

Quote from: Gary_91 on October 21, 2009, 09:34:23 AM
I plan to be there around lunchtime on Friday. Looking forward to it.
You better be a fast rigger. It looks like racing starts soon after that.

Jackpot will be there about 7am.
Jackpot  #235