Lake Norman - Carolina Keelboat One Design Regatta Nov 6-8

Started by David Eve, October 05, 2009, 08:08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay Harrell

Quote from: Shuck on October 22, 2009, 05:56:28 PM
Quote from: Gary_91 on October 21, 2009, 09:34:23 AM
I plan to be there around lunchtime on Friday. Looking forward to it.
You better be a fast rigger. It looks like racing starts soon after that.

Jackpot will be there about 7am.

Also coming from Atlanta, and I also won't be there until something like lunchtime.  Basically, we're leaving Atlanta very early Friday morning and getting there as soon as we can.

David Eve

Those of us that are already rigged will be ready to help those that are arriving later.

I am also waiting to hear back from the Club to see if we have been able to round up any additional crew for those that are still looking.

Let me know if you need a third (or a second!)

Justin Scott

David.........the Mambo Kings will be there, consisting of Paul Zimmerman (skipper of 55), Justin Scott (skipper of 54) and Ben Steinberg (skipper of 22), all sailing on #121, Mambo Kings IV

If you see the boat split into 3 separate pieces and head off in 3 different directions, you will know why! 

Seriously, we are all looking forward to getting together with y'all.

One question. I understand it is ramp launching. Is there a hoist available in the area somewhere so that we can lift the boat to drop the boat onto the keel ? Our keel is out and we would rather travel sans keel.

Thanks J

Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Jay Harrell

Quote from: David_75 on October 27, 2009, 08:17:04 AM
I am also waiting to hear back from the Club to see if we have been able to round up any additional crew for those that are still looking.

Let me know if you need a third (or a second!)

Viper 19 still needs a third!

David Eve

The Yacht Club installed a new hoist early this year, so whilst there is plenty of ramp launching you will have access to a hoist.

Kelly, are you going to be able to make it? There will be enough brain trust here to help you sort out your boat if needed. If not we can find you a ride on one of the other boats.

Kelly Bechard

Yes we will be there! We will likely need one crew member for Friday if anyone from the area happens to be available for the day.

David Eve

Will anyone be traveling through the Raleigh/Durham area on thursday afternoon or early friday on their way to Lake Norman? There is a good sailor that goes to UNC that will be crewing but needs a ride. Let me know if you are driving that way and have room for a passanger.

Thanks

Kay VanValkenburgh

We met a group of enthusiastic, talented highschool sailors last year who were all over the idea of sailing a viper. I imagine they'd be a good pool to draw from for additional crew (not to mention planting the seeds for future fleet growth in the area)
first boat I ever owned was viper #28; it was a gateway drug.
my current viper is #98; I can't sail it enough.
the resulting sailing addiction's ok up to that point, but come Winter whydahell do I also have to frostbite a Laser?!

David Eve

Kay, so far we have at least one of them that will be sailing and we are working on trying to get more signed up.

David Eve

Please note that if you want to order any T Shirts for your crew, this needs to be done by tomorrow morning. One T-Shirt will be provided for each boat registered.

They have used the viper as the boat featured on the shirt. The design in in the NOR

All orders should be sent to Jason Blair (jblair at phillipsfederal dot com)

For those that have waited to send in their registration forms, I will let Jason know that we will have 10 Vipers registered.

Brad Boston

If anyone still needs crew I have a good Guy available. 190lbs, sails just about every boat out there.
Brad

Jay Harrell

Quote from: Brad Boston on November 02, 2009, 10:08:23 AM
If anyone still needs crew I have a good Guy available. 190lbs, sails just about every boat out there.
Brad

David Eve is coordinating crew among several boats, and there are still crew slots available, so please send him an email he'll get you hooked up.

David Eve

Brad, thanks for the heads up. We think that we have a 3rd for Jay, but we don't have a definite yet. We are however looking for Crew for Friday. To date there will be 3 or 4 boats that are only 2 up for the Friday racing.

Brad Boston

Ed the 190lbs has a ride now,  But Becky is available to race Friday only.  So someone speak up she is a really good M 24 sailor.
Brad

David Eve

Brad, Let her know that she has a ride.

Can you send me her contact info and I will put her in contact with a boat.

Thanks