West Coast Circut 2010

Started by Tim Carter, July 06, 2009, 05:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drew Harper

Quote from: GVH630 on November 13, 2009, 11:42:09 AM
Quote from: Brad Boston on November 13, 2009, 10:55:47 AM
What do you guy's think will be the two most attended regattas on the West Coast this year? I think I would like to come out and sail but I need to plan ahead.
Brad Boston
long beach and isaf

+1. Long Beach and ISAF though it looks promising for a great year at Huntington.

Frankly Brad I think you should come sail Sarcoma in August. It'll be uber windy (20-30) and it's a great regatta. BIG pursuit race day two (yeah, keep the pointy thing skyward) and there's nothing better than sailing a Viper at 20 knots.

I'll put you and the boys up on my Santa Cruz 50 or something in the harbor when you're here. Just tossing this out there :-)

#189 UK Built Mark IV Viper "DILLIGAF"

Laurent Dion

The 2010 West Coast Tour is starting in just a month in Phoenix AZ...

Thanks to Elliot-Pattison Sailmakers, we will award our first leader at the end of the B'Day/Leukemia Regatta on  Sunday Jan 17th with the YELLOW KITE !

As a reminder, we have 6 stages scheduled : Phoenix (jan) , NOOD San Diego (mar), LBRW Long Beach (Jun), High Sierra (Jul) , SF Bay (Aug) and back to San Diego for the ISAF in Sept.
It is a point system , each race counts , no throw out. The more participants the more rewards in points. The overall point leader after a given stage will fly the yellow kite at the next stage.

See you all in Phoenix In January and Happy Holidays to all !

Laurent

Drew Harper

Thank you Laurent. VERY cool. Everyone should talk this up. It's a great concept and worthy of good press support.

Thanks to Skip and Harry at DP for making this affordable (possible).

Come everyone, if you know someone with a boat, get them out there. We can make a REAL statement this year in the West. The M20's have virtually no boats out here, the Open 5.70's have no coordinated effort and even the well established M24's barely travel.

Let's get boats on the line and into the press.

Most of all, let's have some HUGE fun.

2010 is a gonna be a GREAT year for the Viper in the West !!
#189 UK Built Mark IV Viper "DILLIGAF"