2012 Mardi Gras Race Week (NOR/Registration)

Started by Troy Gilbert, August 26, 2011, 05:58:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Furna

It seems some type of Medical convention is coming to town just to watch the Animal race on Lake P. ,
they will then study the after effects of alcohol on JJ's reaction time....seems to get better imho.

They booked alot of the rooms. Take what you can get....lots of Cab rides I'm sure.

Drake Borer

Funny you should mention that.  Animal will only kinda be racing, as is the case with the monkey as well.  It seems we had so much fun sailing together in Sarnia, that the animal/monkey hybrid will again show it's ugly head in N.O. (I aint sayin which one either).  Since I crewed for JJ in Sarnia, he agreed to crew for me in NO.  After many a brew we have come up with an even more fun little wager.  This is the plan:

I will drive every other race, as will JJ. We will tally the races and see who has the lowest cumulative score. 

Exact rules are still a little fuzzy  However, we have incentivized the whole gamble.  We figured as we are racing on my Viper together and our wives are racing together on his VX, we should keep the swapping thing going.  Soooooo, if I win the intraboat regatta, I do body shots off his wife.  If he wins then it's the opposite.  I also feel that since this is win win for us boys, there ought to be some painful incentives as well.  I figure if I beat him by more than 5 points he ougt to chug a beer out of one of my shoes (should be nice and ripe by the end to the regatta).

What say you fellow Viper sailors?

PS...the wives don't know about this yet.  Probably better that way. 

Justin Scott

Quote from: Drake Borer on January 14, 2012, 05:45:33 PM
Funny you should mention that.  Animal will only kinda be racing, as is the case with the monkey as well.  It seems we had so much fun sailing together in Sarnia, that the animal/monkey hybrid will again show it's ugly head in N.O. (I aint sayin which one either).  Since I crewed for JJ in Sarnia, he agreed to crew for me in NO.  After many a brew we have come up with an even more fun little wager.  This is the plan:

I will drive every other race, as will JJ. We will tally the races and see who has the lowest cumulative score. 

Exact rules are still a little fuzzy  However, we have incentivized the whole gamble.  We figured as we are racing on my Viper together and our wives are racing together on his VX, we should keep the swapping thing going.  Soooooo, if I win the intraboat regatta, I do body shots off his wife.  If he wins then it's the opposite.  I also feel that since this is win win for us boys, there ought to be some painful incentives as well.  I figure if I beat him by more than 5 points he ougt to chug a beer out of one of my shoes (should be nice and ripe by the end to the regatta).

What say you fellow Viper sailors?

PS...the wives don't know about this yet.  Probably better that way. 

And you think they can't read this forum because?
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Drake Borer

They rightfully think we are just a bunch of immature boys and don't bother themselves with such drivel (many years of being married to us immature boys will do that!)

Dan Tucker

Quote from: Drake Borer on January 15, 2012, 12:07:13 AM
They rightfully think we are just a bunch of immature boys and don't bother themselves with such drivel (many years of being married to us immature boys will do that!)
As I was reading the proposed wager, including much mention of "swapping", I was thinking the wife thing was going in a very different direction than body shots!

I'll crawl back to my gutter now.
Race it like you stole it.

Jeff Jones

The monkey and "get in da' bag Arnold" ...  Two crazy fun dudes to sail with.   Mardi GRAS madness just got a bit more interesting.   There will be nowhere to hide.  

What makes this wager so interesting is I'll be calling tactics when monkey is driving and vica versa.  If the bet stands as is, we may very well be dfl every race.... I aint drinking from drakes shoe..  Have you seen his feet!

Dan, somehow the guy you met in Arizona last year is going to be sitting on the rail between our gals.  Something tells me HE should have done the non stop round-trip I made this weekend to get my lovely wife's new boat.  (savannah)

@ furna (to be called "the fur-n-ater at mgrw) ...  What are ya sayin?  Not sure about reaction time but I'm a damn good dancer after several hurricanes!  

David Furna

Just reaction time related to "sailing"...not belly shots....
and I know I was seeing double, but I think I saw you dancing with Shuck in Sarnia?, but that was Irish Car Bomb dancin, not Hurricane dancin....Aye

Dan Tucker

Quote from: Jeff Jones on January 15, 2012, 07:48:09 PM
Dan, somehow the guy you met in Arizona last year is going to be sitting on the rail between our gals.  Something tells me HE should have done the non stop round-trip I made this weekend to get my lovely wife's new boat.  (savannah)
I met a lot of guys in AZ last year. Is he inflatable??
Race it like you stole it.

Paul Zimmerman

So the Drake can be puking over the side of your boat.  Can he do this and drive at the same time?  I bet he can. 

Justin Scott

Quote from: Dan Tucker on January 16, 2012, 03:40:55 PM
Quote from: Jeff Jones on January 15, 2012, 07:48:09 PM
I met a lot of guys in AZ last year. Is he inflatable??

Have we heard anything about what happened at Arizona this year? Its been very quiet.
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Drake Borer

Quote from: Paul Zimmerman on January 16, 2012, 04:49:13 PM
So the Drake can be puking over the side of your boat.  Can he do this and drive at the same time?  I bet he can. 

You betcha,........ chew gum at the same time too!!!!!

I'll bet with Jeff on board, I won't be nearly as courteous as I was with you and just go right ahead and puke of the windward rail!!

Lee Shuckerow

Quote from: David Furna on January 16, 2012, 07:41:20 AM
Just reaction time related to "sailing"...not belly shots....
and I know I was seeing double, but I think I saw you dancing with Shuck in Sarnia?, but that was Irish Car Bomb dancin, not Hurricane dancin....Aye

Did I read something about wife swapping. Good on ya Texas. What agreat state.

Jackpot  #235

Jeff Jones

lee please tell your girlfriend to stop texting me

thanks

Drake Borer

Quote from: Jeff Jones on January 18, 2012, 05:50:19 PM
lee please tell your girlfriend to stop texting me

thanks

That's called "sexting" Jeff.