West Coast Circut 2010

Started by Tim Carter, July 06, 2009, 05:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim Carter

Just to throw out an idea.... how about a six regatta series on the left coast... Develop from what the desert fleet has started

1. Leukemia Cup.....Jan

2. SD NOOD's.....Mar

3. LBRW.....June

4. High Sierra.....July

5. Some San Fran Race...Drew? ...Oct

6. Finish back in AZ where it started.....Nov??

Comments, suggestions??

Timbo
Lt Coast Gov

Stacey Loula

That sounds like a bit of fun eh?  Not sure about back in AZ for November though. Our "Fall Series Season" starts in late September. Maybe something can be combined with one of our existing race weekends?

Drew Harper

Quote from: Timbo on July 06, 2009, 05:36:24 PM
Just to throw out an idea.... how about a six regatta series on the left coast... Develop from what the desert fleet has started

1. Leukemia Cup.....Jan

2. SD NOOD's.....Mar

3. LBRW.....June

4. High Sierra.....July

5. Some San Fran Race...Drew? ...Oct

6. Finish back in AZ where it started.....Nov??

Comments, suggestions??

Timbo

I think we should have the AZ Vipers bring their boats to SF after High Sierra and we can do the Sarcoma Cup in August, the Leukemia Cup in Sept and then the Great Pumpkin in Oct.

Back to SoCal for a 'big' regatta in November.

It would be GREAT if we, as a class, could embrace the Leukemia Cup nationwide. Would say a lot about the class.

#189 UK Built Mark IV Viper "DILLIGAF"

Jason Weisberg

I love the momentum.  If I may offer my 2cents.  Try to look at the Class sanctioned events when trying to put your schedule together that way you may attend them if you so choose and not miss out on the local action.  In addition when planning if you would like some out of towners to join also try to plan if possible not to conflict with the east coast and south major events.  I know that I am willing to travel West if it meshes with current schedule.

Drew Harper

Thanks 82. I just assumed we were too far away for travel. Where are you located?

GREAT point. Always the bugaboo on planning, getting all 6,930,000 square miles coordinated across a widely varying regatta schedule...damn that's a big number.

Keep the suggestions coming. We are building momentum and the West will work hard to keep it moving.

Tim Carter

For the 2010 circuit, let's not set the bar TOO high... 2 AZ, 2 SoCal, 2 NorCal...... overall trophy, 25% discard  (will not need to make every regatta to be in the running)

Tin Man
Lt Coast Gov

David Morse

Can you say ABYC Turkey Day????????

Tim Carter

We will need to approach ABYC for an "Invite" for Turkey Day.....I can help with this

FYI, and Viperdad knows this, Turkey Day can be a mixed bag, Huge attednance, breeze that time of year can be a crap-shoot, Frontal systems, Santa Ana's.....

Can be fun as long as everybodys knows what awaits them   ;)
Lt Coast Gov

David Morse

Regardless, it would be good to have a new class attend and get interest at Turkey Day.  It may be just what the other fleets need.
I will pitch it with you Timbo.

Tim Carter

I agree, it will be HUGE exposure.  Is this a goal for this year or next??
Lt Coast Gov

David Morse

Glenn Selvin

For the Vipes to make a west coast presence, then you need to go where the competition is, so that people see the Vipers.  ABYC just did race week, and the Vipers got a lot of exposure and a lot of positive feedback.

Labor Day regatta and Turkey Day regatta are both huge regattas....  my guess is that we could get Race Management to allow a Viper class, especially at Labor Day regatta!  Also, in talking with Jerome and Nick from the Open 5.70 class, they're planning on attending both.  So unless we want potential Viper owners to buy those goofy looking Opens, we need to be there with Vipers as well.

Oh, and hi Dave!  Hurry home.

Tim Carter

Finny,
If you push this to race managment, we MUST keep the sporties on there own circle.... don't want to kill a laser radial or thistle in the leeward gate  =:0

Mabye the snakes & 5.7's (speedbumps) can play with the 14's & A cats.
Lt Coast Gov

Drew Harper

Quote from: Tin Man Timbo on July 08, 2009, 09:50:08 PM

Timbo you are KILLING me with this..... 'speedbumps'

NOW I finally know why Finot made them so round!!

Tim Carter

Quote from: BoomSlang on July 09, 2009, 11:29:05 AM
Quote from: Tin Man Timbo on July 08, 2009, 09:50:08 PM

Timbo you are KILLING me with this..... 'speedbumps'

NOW I finally know why Finot made them so round!!

Well it was either inspired by a speedbump or some sort of French Suppository.. (sorry Laurent) ;)
Lt Coast Gov