West Coast Circut 2010

Started by Tim Carter, July 06, 2009, 05:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Morse

If the speed bumps go away, can I have the petite ponytail woman?  She's way tooo narrowwwww for such a 5.7 stern.

Sorry moderators, I will try to stick to the point some other time.

Justin Scott

Quote from: Tin Man Timbo on July 08, 2009, 04:41:44 PM
For the 2010 circuit, let's not set the bar TOO high... 2 AZ, 2 SoCal, 2 NorCal...... overall trophy, 25% discard  (will not need to make every regatta to be in the running)

Tin Man

Agree with this comment.

Our experience on east Coast is to focus on a few regattas and really try and get everyone to come. Four is quite enough . Designate them each as a championship regatta and then establish a W4Cs circuit. West Coast Champion of Championships Circuit.

Then have some other regattas in the spaces which are fun but not so much pressure on attendance.

The E4Cs is St Pete, Charleston, MRW and the NAs. We aim for 20 at each, but then 8-12 at other regattas like Newport, CORK, LIS McIntosh etc.
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Tim Carter

If all of us lefties get onboard with this, it would be our "Display" circuit. 

We need to sail together in a workable fashion, 8-10 boats out as mush as possible.  The others will see us a lot, and will want to join in on the fun.  The Moore's here have been quite succesfull doing this exact thing...their's is the "Roadmaster Serier"

Have the final race dubbed the "Pacific Coasts"
Lt Coast Gov

Laurent Dion

I am coming a little late in this thread but let me share what i was thinking for the West Coast : A West Coast Viper640 Tour ! With a yellow spinnaker for the leader !
I have been working on a point ranking system . Points that each skipper will collect along their participation to the Tour :
- Jan : AZ - Lake pleasant Birthday/Leukemia regatta
- Mar : CA - SD Nood
- Jun : CA - LBRW
- Jul  : CA - Fresno Yacht club HSR
- Aug - tbd
- Sep - CA - SA "sport boat world..."
The more participants and races the more points you can collect. A bullet will earn N^alpha , a last will collect N^(1/alpha) , no show = no point ( N= participant, alpha=1.88 , more math details on request)

So far, the Tour top 5 ranking before the SA regatta in Coronado is :
1 - Greg Jackson                273.4 pts (big win in AZ and Nood)
2 - Drew Harper                 210.3 pts (ready to strike back in Coronado ?)
3 - Laurent Dion                 205.7 pts (always on the starting line..)
4 - David Morse                 158.4 pts (great in Nood and LBRW)
5 - Brownett/ VanHeel       117.9 pts (great also in Nood and LBRW)
+ 7 more ranked.

With 11 Viper640 registered in Coronado for the SA regatta , a bullet will earn you 90pts !!
The West coast Viper640 2009 tour winner is still wide open , with plenty of new skippers on the line.

May be we can ask Brian or Paul to come with the Yellow Spinnaker for the grand finale ceremony ! Coronado is not Champs Elysees but that could work.

See you all end of September in Sandy Eggo (stolen from Mark)

Laurent

Tim Carter

Quote from: flolod on July 27, 2009, 11:33:11 PM
I am coming a little late in this thread but let me share what i was thinking for the West Coast : A West Coast Viper640 Tour ! With a yellow spinnaker for the leader !
I have been working on a point ranking system . Points that each skipper will collect along their participation to the Tour :
- Jan : AZ - Lake pleasant Birthday/Leukemia regatta
- Mar : CA - SD Nood
- Jun : CA - LBRW
- Jul  : CA - Fresno Yacht club HSR
- Aug - tbd
- Sep - CA - SA "sport boat world..."
The more participants and races the more points you can collect. A bullet will earn N^alpha , a last will collect N^(1/alpha) , no show = no point ( N= participant, alpha=1.88 , more math details on request)

So far, the Tour top 5 ranking before the SA regatta in Coronado is :
1 - Greg Jackson                273.4 pts (big win in AZ and Nood)
2 - Drew Harper                 210.3 pts (ready to strike back in Coronado ?)
3 - Laurent Dion                 205.7 pts (always on the starting line..)
4 - David Morse                 158.4 pts (great in Nood and LBRW)
5 - Brownett/ VanHeel       117.9 pts (great also in Nood and LBRW)
+ 7 more ranked.

With 11 Viper640 registered in Coronado for the SA regatta , a bullet will earn you 90pts !!
The West coast Viper640 2009 tour winner is still wide open , with plenty of new skippers on the line.

May be we can ask Brian or Paul to come with the Yellow Spinnaker for the grand finale ceremony ! Coronado is not Champs Elysees but that could work.

See you all end of September in Sandy Eggo (stolen from Mark)

Laurent

Great thought Laurent,
Soooo at each regatta the high point skipper gets to take home the yellow kite to display it proudly at the next regatta?...a #1 on the sail ?

Might need to replace it after a couple of years...   ;)
Lt Coast Gov

Laurent Dion

Yes , at the end of the season the winner get his name printed on the Kite !

Drew Harper

We can get Hyde to put a Huge Viper logo with a #1 on it...probably a hyde logo too.

Could be a HUGE marketing boon.

Regarding August....the Richmond Yacht Club host the Sarcoma Cup in August. GREAT venue...GREAT cause.

Also, if the SA Regatta doesn't happen next year, we should really consider the Leukemia Cup in SF. This is a huge exposure event. I've stated many times that we need to support these mainstream events that have significant marketing budgets and good causes. More bang for our fleet buck.

I'll email Paul and Brian about the kite.
#189 UK Built Mark IV Viper "DILLIGAF"

Jeffrey Young

I would love to see the BoomSlang logo on the spinnaker -- that is really worth racing for. 

Drew Harper

... but us Westies really should get the schedule finalized for the West Coast Circuit and where we are going to host the WCC's. I suggest ABYC is a great venue for this but I'm MORE than happy to host WCC's in the Bay if you want to come up.

We could probably get Richmond Yacht Club on board or we can contract with Regatta Pro to operate a kick-ass regatta.

In any case, let's keep the dialog up on the Circuit and get it narrowed down.

Jason Weisberg

be careful what you wish for if that yellow jersey slash kite concept gets pulled off im hooking the boat up to the truck

Drew Harper

Quote from: usa82 on August 04, 2009, 12:12:21 PM
be careful what you wish for if that yellow jersey slash kite concept gets pulled off im hooking the boat up to the truck

Por que?

Jason Weisberg

I think i want a shot at the prize f the schedule meshes.  Maybe take my boat west for a season after Spring.

Drew Harper

sweet....bring some friends.

We're going to have a BALL next year.

Tim Carter

Quote from: BoomSlang on July 28, 2009, 11:54:14 AM
Regarding August....the Richmond Yacht Club host the Sarcoma Cup in August. GREAT venue...GREAT cause.

Hey 'Slang baby, still recomend the "Sarcoma Cup" as a regular westie event? ;)

Let's have a few spare rigs sitting around....

and not send anyone home in a "coma"  :)
Lt Coast Gov

Laurent Dion

Quote from: BoomSlang on August 04, 2009, 01:06:28 PM
sweet....bring some friends.

We're going to have a BALL next year.

Hey Drew, while you put your order for a new mast, ask Paul to send you the
Yellow kite ! I hope you're gonna be ready for the SA World...hoops sorry SA Festival !
C'est la vie!