West Coast Circut 2010

Started by Tim Carter, July 06, 2009, 05:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeffrey Young

Just for info: 
Dates for the 2010 Bacardi Cup (now named Miami Race Week), hosted by Coral Reef Yacht Club are March 8-13, 2010.
http://www.miamisailingweek.com/competition.html
Incidently, the Vipers are not yet respresented in the class list, though the M/24 and M/20 are already

I didn't see anything yet on the sailingworld.com site for dates of the 2010 NOODs.  Anyone have advanced info?

Have the dates/location of the 2010 NA's been firmed up?

Jeffrey Young

Ah, I found it, appropriately under 2010 NA's: 
"2010 Viper North Americans hosted by Coral Reef YC , Biscayne Bay , Miami,
April 3rd (practise Day) through April 6th." per Justin.

Jeff Jones

I believe that may have changed

Jay Harrell

Quote from: jacare on September 29, 2009, 06:18:54 PM
Ah, I found it, appropriately under 2010 NA's: 
"2010 Viper North Americans hosted by Coral Reef YC , Biscayne Bay , Miami,
April 3rd (practise Day) through April 6th." per Justin.

That is in the process of changing due to a conflict with Easter Sunday.  The new plan is for NAs at the Barcardi Regatta in March.

Drew Harper

It's now or never on comments.

I'm hoping to bring either Dave Ullman or Bruce Cooper to Phoenix to participate in the Leukemia Cup. I'm working to get some the local lofts to participate in the class. I'll hit up Harry P. and others with perhaps donating a coaching day to the class. I think we give this to the back of the fleet, not the front.

PACIFIC
---------
Jan 15-17 :: Leukemia Cup, Viper Pacific Coast Mid-Winters, Lake Pleasant, Phoenix, AZ
Mar 19-21  ::  San Diego NOOD, CA
Jun 25-27  ::  Long Beach Race Week hosts the 2010 Viper Pacific Coast Championships
Jul 17-18  ::  High Sierra Regatta, Fresno, CA
Aug 28-29  ::  Sarcoma Cup, Pt Richmond, CA
Sep 24-26  ::  International Sportboat Anarchy Festival, Coronado (San Diego), CA

Chime in. We have 4 Vipers in the Greater Bay Area (if you include Bill's boat in Fresno), 6 in AZ and 4? in Socal.

help me out here.

#104 - Spinnaker - SF
#74 - Doug Kidder - SF
#24 - Ike van Cruyningen - Portola Valley (Bay Area)
#53 - Bill Chase - Fresno

#71 - Tony Chapman - Phx
#31 - Laurent Dion - Phx
#72 - Dennis Martinelli - Phx
#46 - Greg Jackson - Phx
#36 - Don Ziebel - Phx
#21 - Mike Leal - Tucson?

#33 - Dave Morse - Long Beach
#38 - Dave Morse - Long Beach
#106?? - Mark Hinrichs - ??
#34 - Glen van Heel - Huntington Beach

#?? - Ray  Sanchez-Pescador - Portland ??
#?? - Mystery Boat - Bremmerton, WA

fill in the blanks.

#189 UK Built Mark IV Viper "DILLIGAF"

Greg Jackson

Quote from: BoomSlang on October 08, 2009, 12:36:48 PM
It's now or never on comments.

I'm hoping to bring either Dave Ullman or Bruce Cooper to Phoenix to participate in the Leukemia Cup. I'm working to get some the local lofts to participate in the class. I'll hit up Harry P. and others with perhaps donating a coaching day to the class. I think we give this to the back of the fleet, not the front.

PACIFIC
---------
Mar 19-21  ::  San Diego NOOD, CA
Jun 25-27  ::  Long Beach Race Week hosts the 2010 Viper Pacific Coast Championships
Jul 17-18  ::  High Sierra Regatta, Fresno, CA
Aug 28-29  ::  Sarcoma Cup, Pt Richmond, CA
Sep 24-26  ::  International Sportboat Anarchy Festival, Coronado (San Diego), CA

Chime in. We have 4 Vipers in the Greater Bay Area (if you include Bill's boat in Fresno), 6 in AZ and 4? in Socal.

help me out here.

#104 - Spinnaker - SF
#74 - Doug Kidder - SF
#?? - Ike van Cruyningen - SF
#?? - Bill Chase - Fresno

#71 - Tony Chapman - Phx
#31 - Laurent Dion - Phx
#72 - Dennis Martinelli - Phx
#46 - Greg Jackson - Phx
#?? - Joe, John ??? - Phx
#21 - Mike Leal - Tucson

#33 - Dave Morse - Long Beach
#?? - Dave Morse - Long Beach
#106?? - Mark Hinrichs - ??
#?? - Glen van Heel - Huntington Beach

#?? - Ray  Sanchez-Pescador - Portland ??
#?? - Mystery Boat - Bremmerton, WA

fill in the blanks.

A few blanks filled...

Ike van Cruyningen

Here are a couple more...

#24 - Ike van Cruyningen - SF
#53 - Bill Chase - Fresno

#46 - Greg Jackson - Phx
#36 - Don Ziebell - Phx
#38 - Jason Donkersley - Tucson?
#21 - John Riddell??

#34 - Glen van Heel - Huntington Beach

Tim Carter

I believe Dave Morse currently has #33 & #38 in So Cal,
Lt Coast Gov

David Morse

If it rises, would y'all consider adding the Wanker Worlds to the West Coast Circut?  This fleet needs this regatta.

Drew Harper

I might be up for it...may make sense for me traveling to AZ.

Checking with my dad now.

Glenn Selvin

In fact, since this thread is so popular, I'll even hijack my own thread...  are we going to have a class for ABYC's Turkey Day regatta, or what?  Are you guys such wankers that you can't even assemble six boats for a start at Southern California's largest one design keelboat?  Am I going to have to endure six races in my little pain box, aka my Finn, because you guys are such wankers that you can't organize early enough so as to petition ABYC's race management committee to give us a start?

Come on, Viper pussies...  man up!  Commit!  Say, out loud...  "I'm going to go to Long Beach in November!"  Shout it from the roof top...  and then, show up!

If you guys can't get a six boat fleet together, then Dave is going to go back to racing a lowly, bath tub of a boat...  his Cal "fucking" 20, I'll race my Finn...  and two Vipers will be sitting on trailers at ABYC because y'all couldn't get a fleet together for Turkey Day regatta.

Don't be a Viper wanker...  the gauntlet is thrown...  remove your tampons, and register on line at www.abyc.org, and then...  show up!  Because if I leave my Finn at home, jump on the Viper, and Dave and I are the only boat out there, I'm going to be pissed!

Jeffrey Young

Drew,
I believe Ray and Lisa's boat is #49 (per pics from HSR).  I think they live closer to Eugene (or possibly further south) than Portland. (?)  And, Mark Heinrich's current boat is GBR 601 (or #64?) -- again from HSR pics.

Drew Harper

OK, West Coast Circuit is set. Here is it....just to complicate things, Sailing World just setup a Noods in San Francisco the SAME weekend as Long Beach Race Week.....sheeeeeeeeeeit #$^&$#$%

West Coast Championship Circuit
---------
Jan 15-17    Leukemia Cup - Viper Midwinter Championships, Phoenix, AZ. Arizona Yacht Club
Mar 19-21   Sperry Top-Sider San Diego NOOD, CA. San Diego Yacht Club
Jun 25-27    Acura Long Beach Race Week hosts the 2010 Viper Pacific Coast Championships. Long Beach and Alamitos Bay Yacht Clubs
Jul 17-18   High Sierra Regatta, Huntington Lake (7000' el), CA. Fresno Yacht Club
Aug 28-29 Sarcoma Cup, Pt Richmond, CA. Richmond Yacht Club
Sep 24-26   International Sportboat Anarchy Festival, Coronado (San Diego), CA. Coronado Yacht Club. Concluding Regatta and Award Ceremony for West Coast Championship Circuit.

Brad Boston

What do you guy's think will be the two most attended regattas on the West Coast this year? I think I would like to come out and sail but I need to plan ahead.
Brad Boston

Glenn Vanheel

Quote from: Brad Boston on November 13, 2009, 10:55:47 AM
What do you guy's think will be the two most attended regattas on the West Coast this year? I think I would like to come out and sail but I need to plan ahead.
Brad Boston
long beach and isaf
F'ing Walker!