Sarasota Winter Series 2019-2020

Started by Peter Beardsley, July 29, 2019, 05:44:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Beardsley

Save the date...assuming the SSS website is accurate:

Sarasota 1: December 14-15, 2019
Sarasota 2: January 18-19, 2020
Sarasota 3: February 8-9, 2020

We will be there - some of the best racing we do all year, wouldn't want to miss it.  More teams should consider teaming up with other owners from their area to split an entry if you want to do an event or two but can't do all three. 

UPDATE: Registration link: http://www.regattanetwork.com/event/19854
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Cole Constantineau

Team Meow! will be back again for the whole winter circuit (Sarasota + Miami Bacardi)!  Once again the one and only RonJon from team Northern Honey Badger will be teaming up with us to make it happen!

Peter Beardsley

I bought my December plane tickets today since the rates were really good from New York to Tampa.
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Darren Gilbert

Anyone looking for crew in December?
Formerly Black Sheep (#29), Black Sheep II (#194) and Black Sheep III (#106)

Maarten Van Der Putten

Planning to be part of the full series and learn the 1,2,3s of Vipering. Whats the deal with boat storage between events, can we keep them at the Sarosota Sailing Squadron?

Peter Beardsley

Quote from: Maarten Van Der Putten on September 05, 2019, 04:38:23 PM
Planning to be part of the full series and learn the 1,2,3s of Vipering. Whats the deal with boat storage between events, can we keep them at the Sarosota Sailing Squadron?
Yes, SSS offers storage (at a cost).  Most people do the storage option - having mast-up storage and being able to show up Saturday morning (for those of us who can't take off early from work on Friday) is wonderful.  SSS even moves all of the Vipers to the seawall at some point during the week so that you don't have to hunt for them in the boatyard.  Looking forward to meeting you there this winter.
Viper 333 "Glory Days"

Cole Constantineau

SSS is my winter club, my boat is well taken care of from November-March.  It's generally cheaper than indoor storage in my neck of the woods but with the added benefit of sailing in an awesome fleet at an awesome venue 3x over the winter!

Peter Beardsley

Viper 333 "Glory Days"

Joe Quarantillo

Dillon Yacht Club
USA 148 Cannonball

Ed "Buttons" Padin, Class Administrator

Travis has the online registration up so let's get sailing!

Information and online registration http://www.regattanetwork.com/event/19854.
Ed "Buttons" Padin
Viper 640 Class Administrator
erpadin [at] padesta [dot] com

Nick Ward

By chance I am going to be in Sarasota during the first event if there is a crew need for any boats.  Former owner of 165, walking around at 225, better crew then helmsmen. 

Nick
Proper Villain #165

Justin Scott

Uh Oh......Breaking news.

They said it could never happen. Justin Scott and Jeff Jones in the same boat.

Separated by an unbridgeable language and cultural divide....this will be epic! 

See you on December 14th.....we are looking for a lightweight third...helps if they can translate Texan into British English and vice versa.  Not for the thin skinned.

Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Joe Quarantillo

Justin, if you need a third in February i would jump at the opportunity. Currently weighing in at 165. I can usually translate in any situation, just make the boat fast is the answer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dillon Yacht Club
USA 148 Cannonball

Justin Scott

Quote from: Joe Quarantillo on December 04, 2019, 08:28:55 PM
Justin, if you need a third in February i would jump at the opportunity. Currently weighing in at 165. I can usually translate in any situation, just make the boat fast is the answer

Joe....love to see you there. We are all set for December. Ski schedule permitting, we hope to be back for Jan and Feb
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Joe Quarantillo

Ski schedule eh. I teach skiing at Copper Mountain if you are out that way

Dillon Yacht Club
USA 148 Cannonball