Sarasota Winter Series 2019-2020

Started by Peter Beardsley, July 29, 2019, 05:44:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Beardsley

We are in an arm wrestling match with the VXs over who can have more boats register.  It's been back and forth for a few weeks now.  We are at 19 Vipers with at least 3 teams that I know of on the Viper end who have yet to register.  Make it happen, people. 
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Jonathan Nye

I've booked a 5x10 storage climate controlled locker at 4515 S Tamiami Trlal. If anyone wants to join in on this and split the cost, let me know. Jonathan

Van Sheppard

Hi all,

Wadjet is in need of a 3rd crew.  We are currently sitting around 430 lbs, so 120 to 170 would be ideal, but beggars can't be choosers, so we will happily take on a 3rd at any weight.

Van Sheppard
Viper #211 Wadjet
Ottawa - Great Lakes Region

Justin Scott

Quote from: Van Sheppard on December 06, 2019, 09:47:18 PM
Hi all,

Wadjet is in need of a 3rd crew.  We are currently sitting around 430 lbs, so 120 to 170 would be ideal, but beggars can't be choosers, so we will happily take on a 3rd at any weight.

Travis was talking to a 120 youth female about being available to crew.   We've had some luck picking up last minute locals before. Also....post this request on the facebook messenger thread
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Justin Scott

I notice that last warning on Sunday has been moved back from 2.00pm tp 3.00pm.   Im hoping RC are sensitive to those who have flights to catch on Sunday evening.  :)
Viper - Mambo Kings

Justin Scott

Crew call for the January event this coming weekend.

At least 2 boats looking for a third.... including the wounded but still fighting Mambo Kings,
Viper - Mambo Kings

Joe Quarantillo

I will be teaching skiing over the January event dates.  For the February event I arrive Thursday night and fly out Monday. I will definitely be ready to sail
Dillon Yacht Club
USA 148 Cannonball

Justin Scott

Hi Everyone........looking forward to seeing y'all this weekend for the final weekend of the winter series.  Sob! It seems too soon to be saying goodbye to all of our friends at SSS.

A couple of news flashes : 

Miaow is sharpening her claws and has ditched Cole as driver and are training for the Women's NAS  .  Oh! by the way Mary and Eleni say that you have to get your boats signed up now for the Womens NAC in September. Registration is on yachtscoring.

Any boats planning on migrating to Miami in March, be aware that Geoff Ewenson has got a great connection for moving your boat  Ping Geoff or express interest here.

Who is in for Charleston after Miami?

It is definitely NOT too early to be thinking of stopping off at Annapolis on your way home for the Mid-Atlantic Championship in early May. It turns out that this event is not being held in the middle of the Atlantic at all but at the ever so friendly Eastport YC on May 2/3

And under the "Its a small world " category, it turns out that both Mike (our sponsor at the winter series) and I went to the same school in Northamptonshire England, in a town you couldn't find even if we gave you a map.   
Viper - Mambo Kings

Justin Scott

And......Im traveling solo for the last event.  Im booked at the La Quinta Downtown. "Oh Lovely!"

If anyone wants to find a tenant for a spare room, ping me before tomorrow night and  I will gladly relocate.

Viper - Mambo Kings