Mardi Gras Race Week 2013

Started by Jim Sears, December 25, 2012, 01:14:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Sears

Mardi Gras Drinking Week is less than 2 months away!  Let's get some boats signed up! You don't have to pay to register, so get yourself on the list so we can entice those fence-sitters that aren't sure if they want to come.  Here's the link:  http://mardigrasraceweek.org

-Jimbo
F.N.G.
USA-148
SoCal

Craig Wilusz

Anybody else out there signing up for MGRW?  Event is only about a month away, and only four Viper's registered.

D and I are bringing the Hobie 33 over for it as it is Hobe 33 NAC's, so even though our Viper will not be there, we will howver be open to availiability to tow Vipers in and out of Harbour if needed. 

Craig
Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur

Nick Kofski

Think I'm gonna make the trip down.

Hope a few more TX boats make the trip, don't you TX boys do that drive in your sleep?
FNG  -  USA 148

Jeff Jones

Where from Nick?   Get signed up..   lot's of talk among texans about going.   Signing up will help convince others to enter, like craig said.   

Rumor has it Dan Tucker is going to be there with the works boat to help support the Texas and New Orleans fleet.

Nick Kofski

Coming from Chicago.  I know a lot of people are going to FL but if we can get a good showing I'd be willing to make the trip.

Jeff hope you can make it.

Nick
FNG  -  USA 148

Craig Wilusz

Love the name of the boat, Nick.  Must be a good story there.
Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur

Nick Kofski

Yeah a lot of booze and the middle finger never gets you anywhere, but seems like a brilliant idea at the time.

Looking forward to seeing you there, wish you guys were gonna be on your viper instead though..
FNG  -  USA 148

Craig Wilusz

Yeah, Viper would be fun again with you guys.  But the H-33 thing is real close to us so gotta go.  Bummer also is Robert Harrison out of Fort Walton with Viper #99 is bringing his Vanguard 15 for MGRW, only Vanguard 15 regatta nearby for him and his wife, so they choose that.
(I guess you all can ask for a tow from Robert too, but he is gonna need a bigger paddle...)

Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur

Nick Kofski

Too bad we'll probably have more vipers than v15's there.  Well can't wait for the crawfish boil, that Buzzy sure can cook.

See you in a few weeks.

Nick
FNG  -  USA 148

Craig Wilusz

Need some Texas boys and girls to show some love and a few boats in New Orleans for MGRW.  The Great State of Texas is asking for quite a few boats to show up out of town for NAC's and the Gosling's thing, ned to return some of that love.

Or is this guy right?- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyFSdj1J5Vw
Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur

Craig Wilusz

have Five bottles of rum (new, not used condition) to give away for out for the next five out of area entries.  Must pre-register and show up.  I also have a bottle of rum each for Robert, Jim, and Nick for their initiative.

Conditions for Rum, Pre-register, pay entry, show up.  If you happen to damage yourself during the event the rum is still yours. ( I am not encouraging you to damage yourself, Drake, more that you already are)

Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur

Nick Kofski

Now what's the chance we get Craig to show up with his viper instead or do we need to get mrs. on the line to work that out??  Maybe you both can get crew and have both your boats at MGRW..

Oh and bonus I am friends with a bunch of NOLA fireman and they have a fema trailer to stay at for free if rooms are the deal breaker in coming to this regatta.. I'll probably have a few vanguard sailors there from Chicago too but the firemen always show everyone a good time, and yes you can slide down the fire pole!  Walking distance from the quarter.
FNG  -  USA 148

Lee Eikel

Craig, is Brian gonna make it?  How about the new Mobile boat?  Come on Texas bring it.  Do we have a Rondar boat coming? 

Jeff Jones

damn, i though everyone was going to dan tuckers valentines day party in miami? 

i'm so confused

all this talk of new orleans, poles and dirty fema trailers makes me miss sailing.   where's my monkey.. here monkey monkey, here monkey