Mardi Gras Race Week 2013

Started by Jim Sears, December 25, 2012, 01:14:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Kofski

I figured if I pulled out all the stops that would get some of you Texas boys interested.

Dan Tucker is staying there too, don't let him kid you..

You'll have that boat together by then won't you Jeff??
FNG  -  USA 148

Jeff Jones

The last time Dan Tucker stayed within 100 feet of me i woke up and my inflatable mistress was missing.  The next morning she was found in Tim Carters trailer covered with popcorn and flat!.   Justin Scott received several frantic phone calls from a desperate viper sailor around 2 AM, i think a cover-up ensued.

Or maybe that was Juan Mauri?     Oh, that weekend in the high arizona desert is a blur  

My boat?  Well, i'm still waiting on Ben Parker's new super duper rudder tower.  At least that's my current excuse.

Quote from: Nick Kofski on January 17, 2013, 06:44:53 PM
I figured if I pulled out all the stops that would get some of you Texas boys interested.

Nick Kofski

Well you've got a whole month to patch up that monkey and the inflatable mistress..

Will be disappointed if you can't make it, Dan says he'll be heartbroken too.
FNG  -  USA 148

David Furna

Come on Jeff, get yo ass back to Mardi Gras...Craig's even offering free Rum!
If you need crew, let me know...

Jeff Jones

Oh David Furma, you still allowed in this forum?  They need to review that policy.  

Something I've learned of the years is that nothing is free with Craig.  There is always a price.  

But the idea of racing with you down there is certainly tempting.  And nick, I have the animal.  Dr drake has the monkey.  His kids names the boat sea monkey thus he is "the monkey".   We are often seen together, I've be one somewhat of a mentor to the monkey.   So I understand the confusion.

Peter Beardsley

A quick note for the Gulf Coast sailors and an apology on behalf of the Viper class EC:

We did not do a very good job of communicating this year about the winter series and got behind on the planning.  We learned a valuable lesson and we hope not to repeat these mistakes in future years.  In the meantime, one thing that should have been clearly communicated is that we were never with a Miami series trying to pull the plug on MGRW.  Last year MGRW had 15 boats -- only 2 of which came from the northeast.  Several teams in the northeast expressed interest in a mast-up single venue series where they could leave their boats.  Then life got busy and planning didn't progress the way it should have, but we were always intending and hoping for MGRW to have the same support that it did in 2012.  We hope that a bunch of Vipers come out to play for MGRW 2013, that a couple of those Fort Walton Vipers where owners are sailing in other classes can maybe be made available for teams who want to travel in and charter boats (Bueller?), and that the Gulf Coast Vipers support the event whole heartedly. 

Each region can plan its own circuit the way they like.  We've gotten some feedback from the Gulf Coast gang about their 2013 circuit, which will be posted on viper640.org's event page shortly.  Last year, MGRW was a major championship -- if people want to treat it as such in 2013, that is up to that region to decide which event will be its regional championship(s). 

Anyhow, we fully realize that the lack of communication and planning starts and stops here caused some owners to freeze and not make plans, and we (especially me) are sorry for that.  If people want to come to Miami, great -- if you can only make one Miami event, make it Bacardi Cup (Bacardi Week with the Pre-Bacardi event) so that you can go MGRW too.  If you're in Texas and you can only make one event, go to MGRW -- it's closer for you and there will be a good party I'm sure.  If you're on the fence about going to any of these events or are having trouble finding crew, post on the forums and people will come out of the woodwork. 
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Dan Tucker

Quote from: Jeff Jones on January 17, 2013, 07:30:28 PM
The last time Dan Tucker stayed within 100 feet of me i woke up and my inflatable mistress was missing.  The next morning she was found in Tim Carters trailer covered with popcorn and flat!.   Justin Scott received several frantic phone calls from a desperate viper sailor around 2 AM, i think a cover-up ensued.

Or maybe that was Juan Mauri?     Oh, that weekend in the high arizona desert is a blur 

My boat?  Well, i'm still waiting on Ben Parker's new super duper rudder tower.  At least that's my current excuse.

Quote from: Nick Kofski on January 17, 2013, 06:44:53 PM

I blame Harper. Other than that, I plead the fifth (of rum please!).

My plan is to sail the works boat in Miami then sail with Nick the following weekend in MGRW. I do need to negotiate the child care with the kids mother though.

You need to be there Jeff. Wild Texans on the loose in NOLA? An absolute no brainer, perfect for Texans. ;-). I'll bring the popcorn, you bring your inflatable friend.

A certain FL Viper had been offered to us at Rondar to sail as well. I need to see if Zim might return too.

Dan
Race it like you stole it.

David Furna

Quote from: Jeff Jones on January 17, 2013, 09:07:04 PM
Oh David Furma, you still allowed in this forum?  They need to review that policy.  

Something I've learned of the years is that nothing is free with Craig.  There is always a price.  

But the idea of racing with you down there is certainly tempting.  And nick, I have the animal.  Dr drake has the monkey.  His kids names the boat sea monkey thus he is "the monkey".   We are often seen together, I've be one somewhat of a mentor to the monkey.   So I understand the confusion.

Dr Drake, keep him away from the mechanical bulls!

Lee Eikel

If anyone needs some help with anything let me know.  Jeff I have a whole closet of plastic mistresses and a compressor.  Pick your poison Blonde, Red Head, Asian?

Craig Wilusz

Robert Harrison #99 out of Fort Walton is offering his boat up for charter, as he and his wife will be sailing their Vanguard 15  that weekend. If anybody is interested in chartering his Viper for MGRW post here.
Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur

Robert Williams

#168 was about to cancel but all the talk or b/s amoung the usuall suspects renews the reason why I joined this
fun group. Blow up mistresses and rum with our hair on fire off the wind. Will be there for the fun and rum.
Have offered to show Drake how to ride something wild with red hair. Looking forward to the fun and spirit in the pit before, during and after the races. Farley sends regrets as Melges 32's in the carribean call him to duty. always an addition to any party. Only 5 at this time but certain some fence sitters will fall into the pit
RLW

Drake Borer

Wild with red hair..........?  Hell now I know I won't last 8 seconds!  Oh wait what are we talkin about?

Lee Eikel

We are talking sailing drinking, inflatable ------ marks, crossing the line (finish line that is), playing with our snake (our Viper) and having a generally good time in Nawlins.  Lets get some boats!

Jim Sears

Just a heads-up for those in the planning stages, our team is having a hard time justifying traveling 2,000 miles to race against 4 other boats, especially when there will be a 12-15 boat fleet right at home that same weekend.  It's a bummer this regatta couldn't build on the 15-boat fleet we had last year - it was GREAT racing and an even better PARTY! 
We need some more boats to sign up, otherwise we probably won't make it.  I'll give it a few more days.
- Jimbo
F.N.G.
USA-148
SoCal

Craig Wilusz

Up to six boats!  Paul gets a bottle of rum!
Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur