Fall Fling

Started by Michael Gravitt, August 07, 2013, 04:27:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Gravitt

Fall Fling, Hampton Yacht Club. Nov. 16/17. There will be a racing clinic on Friday the 15th. NOR posted on the HYC web site. Great sailing.

Doug Mroz

I am planning on doing this regatta as of now. Looks like a great regatta. Very low costing enterance fee! Who else is coming?

Michael Gravitt

Tyler Moore has a boat in Hampton, Dave Furna will probably come and there is another Viper also now in NC that I hope will come. Dan Came last year and I think he is coming this year. And me...

Doug Mroz

This regatta could easily turn into a 10 boat fleet. Its close enough to have NY guys come if they want and there is nothing going on regatta wise in NOV.

Dan Tucker

Tyler can arrange FREE INDOOR storage after this regatta, if you'd like to leave your boat for further southeast winter sailing...

We're also planning on a small regatta in NC to support the nascent fleet emerging there, and probably something in Sarasota to support our new fleet there are well.

We'd love to have a few boats travel to join in the effort to redevelop the SE Viper fleets! I'll be putting some more info together in the next week or two.

Dan

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

Race it like you stole it.

David Furna

Working on being there guys.

Mike, you know I'll try to get there with at least one boat.

Dave

Michael Gravitt

That is awesome Dave! I am sure it will be a great time.

Michael Gravitt

One of my crew is the race organizer and says that he is getting calls from Vipers that are talking about coming to the event. I think we are looking good.  We have people that are riding the fence about buying a Viper in this area and we need this to be a great showing to help draw them in. 

Peter Beardsley

It would be helpful if there was a running scratch sheet here if you guys want to boost attendance.  Mike -- this one may be on you if you're up for it. 
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Doug Mroz

We are planning on being there.

Michael Gravitt

Great, looking forward to having everyone here.  I will start a sheet as I get confirmation.  That is a good idea.

Eddy Parker

I'll be there with Granny's Hoe.  #108 out of New Bern, NC.

Michael Gravitt

Is Dave coming??  Also if you know of someone that is interested in sailing a Viper, we are having a clinic conducted by Tyler Moore where they can drive a Viper and will try and work them into crews for the regatta. Tyler is helping me a lot up here and I think all will benefit from his instruction.

Eddy Parker

Dave will be there.  The easiest way to find him is to follow the trail of empty beer cans to a blue viper. 

Michael Gravitt

Attached is the Viper Scratch sheet for the Fall Fling at Hampton Yacht Club.  We have enough for a start but would love more.