Fall Fling

Started by Michael Gravitt, August 07, 2013, 04:27:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan Tucker

Quote from: Michael Gravitt on October 05, 2013, 03:46:16 AM
Attached is the Viper Scratch sheet for the Fall Fling at Hampton Yacht Club.  We have enough for a start but would love more.
Nice! The south will rise again. I'm looking forward to it.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

Race it like you stole it.

Michael Gravitt

Tyler Moore is conducting a race clinic on Friday and we have invited some interested folks to come out and sail with us. Most have an interest in sailing so this is a crew list for boats who may want to come but do not have crew available.

Justin Scott

I confess that I start to find this regatta appealing.

Sailing at the mouth of the Chesapeake
Side trip to the Outer Banks (if you've never been, it ought to be on your bucket list)
Oyster Bake!
Clinic by Tyler
Only a 7 hour drive from Long island Sound.
Typically nice breeze at this time of year.
$35 entry fee!
Last of the temperate weather sailing before winter arrives. Catch a little Indian Summer
Free storage between the Fall Fling and heading down to Miami or Charleston.  Saves having to shovel out the snow from in front of your boat.

Hmmmmmm.

Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Michael Gravitt

I really hope that people come down because I know it will be part of their Fall schedule after that.  We have several great regattas at HYC.  Hope to see ya'll. here.

Tyler Moore

Paul Zimmerman and Ben Parker are planning to come down from Boston!!!  How about everyone who lives a little closer??  It's going be a great time!

Michael Gravitt

This is the updated scratch sheet. More boats but we have more crew and people that are interested in the boats than we have boats. Bring the boat and we can put good crew on them

Michael Gravitt

Here is the revised list of people interested in the Viper and are available as crew for the weekend.

Eddy Parker

The winds were less than spectacular, but thank you to Hampton Yacht Club and Mike for putting on a good event.  The race venue was close and easy to sail out to, lots of nearby watering holes for post/pre race activities.  The oyster roast was a blast once we wandered around people's back yards for 20 minutes trying to find it.  Apologies to anyone we disturbed. Very nice club to race out of, we should work to grow this event.

Michael Gravitt

Thanks everyone who came this year.  The event was great!  Wish there was more  wind but I think we made the most of what we had. The oyster roast was a blast with a lot of great food and drink. Thanks to Tyler Moore and Dan Tucker and RONDAR for all they did to pull this off. They both were very busy the entire weekend.   

Peter Beardsley

Results?  Can someone do a writeup for the web with photos?  If you don't know how to post it, just email me the results, a recap and a couple of photos and we'll get it up there for you.
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Michael Gravitt

The Fall Fling was awesome this year, of corse you always want more boats bu we had a great time. Geoff Ewenson was first after two races followed by Hampton Yacht Club's own David Eberwine and Mark Wheeler a close third. Great pics to show all that could not make it.