Charleston Race Week -- Slip Reservations

Started by Jonathan Nye, February 22, 2012, 08:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonathan Nye

Have started to look into reserving slips for the fleet and need to know who's interested. The cost for a bay is $271/day and each bay accommodates seven boats (more if strung across the bay). Assuming seven boats and four days, this works out to $155/boat. Who's in? For those who've not done Charleston, the alternative is free docking toward the north-most point of the marina and a good healthy walk back and forth.

Have tried to get slips that open to the north which would result in less drama since we'd be leaving/returning against the tide. So far, Charleston Harbor wants to keep us where we've been.

Dave Nickerson

Viper #208 - Noank, CT

Peter Beardsley

I guess I'm in, but I was hoping I'd be eligible for the free docking by being one of the first 35 boats registered.  Haven't heard anything about that though from the race organizers as per the NOR.

15.4 There will be a limited amount of complimentary transient dockage available at CHR&M for boats under 28 feet LOA from Thursday, April19 through Sunday April 22.  This dockage will be in a side tie configuration with other boats rafted along side at 2-3 deep and may be at the docks farthest from the hotel. Those qualifying for the limited complimentary dock space will be notified of the offer, and asked to confirm their intent to accept or reject it. Those registering beyond the first 35 boats under 28 feet LOA and boats requiring individual berths should make separate arrangements with the marina for dock space. No individual slips will be permitted with the limited complimentary dockage.
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Patrick Daniel

Jonathon, we're in with 101.

It's our first trip there, so we're pretty clueless.

Thanks for organizing this.

Patrick

Dave Nickerson

Peter - the free dock space is a really long walk out to the boat and may require rafting.  Join us in the slips that Jonathan is organizing...
Viper #208 - Noank, CT

Craig Wilusz

#100 ... Ice Melted ... Wilusz is in. Keep us informed with how to proceed with payment.
Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur

Jonathan Nye

Quote from: Dave Nickerson on February 23, 2012, 09:35:50 AM
Peter - the free dock space is a really long walk out to the boat and may require rafting.  Join us in the slips that Jonathan is organizing...
Actually I'll organize the first bay and help with others but once this one fills up, I'd like someone to step forward and take over organizing the next batch of seven.

Ron Schute

Jonathan, count us in with 117 - Rum Theory.

Closer to the rum always works best.

Thanks for organizing and let us know how to proceed with payment.

Ron

Dan Tucker

Race it like you stole it.

Joe Healey

Viper 121 Live Wire

Jonathan Nye

We're being offered bays on A dock (south on B). The advantage is we return into the tide and prevailing breeze; downside is if it gets really windy out of the south, the dock gets wet from spray.

Jonathan Nye

Bay 1 now has Nye, Nickerson, Daniel, Wilusz, Shute, Tucker and Healy. Peter Beardsley is organizing Bay 2 which is about to fill. Anyone willing to take over organizing additional reservations?

Arthur Shaw

Jonathan,

We are in boat 128.   Thanks for doing this.    Art Shaw

Jonathan Nye

Bay 1 now has Nye, Nickerson, Daniel, Wilusz, Shute, Tucker and Healy.

Bay 2 has Beardsley, Weiss and five to-be-named Larchmont boats.

Bay 3 has Oliver, Shaw, Lee, Furna and McHugh.

Peter Beardsley

5 of the 7 Larchmont slots are accounted for.  There is a chance that one of them will open up, in which case I'll let people know. 

In the meantime, if anyone needs crew, I know of A LOT of people who are available to crew, some of whom are extremely good and who have Viper experience.  Send me a message for details. 
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"