Charleston Race Week -- Slip Reservations

Started by Jonathan Nye, February 22, 2012, 08:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Scott

Jonathan...

I think I speak for everyone going to CRW. A huge thank you for doing all this logistics on behalf of the Viper fleet.

I will be sending out another update in next day or so via yachtscoring with an einvite to the dinner, so I will include your request to send the blank CRW berthing email as well.

Thank you again.
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Jonathan Nye

Looks like we have 3 A dock bays and 2 B dock bays. The A dock is the southern-most dock and means friendlier departures and returns given the tide but could take some spray if we get huge breeze; B dock doesn't have this issue but the the return is landing downwind with the tide. For those that don't know, it is very easy to miscalculate and either come in with too much speed or misjudge and end up pinned against some 40' cabin cruiser.

Here's our line up...

Bay 1 (A Dock)               
Jonathan Nye
Dave Nickerson/Moise Solomon
Patrick Daniel
Craig & Deborah Wilusz
Ron Schute
Dan Tucker
Joe Healey

Bay 2 (A Dock)
Peter Beardsley/David Owen
Jonathan Asch/Byron LaMotte/Andrew Weiss
Robert Matthews
Cameron McKnight
Peter Bauer
Jay Rhame
Bob McHugh

Bay 3 (get to choose A or B)
Matt Sole
David Oliver
Jeff Lee
David Furna
Justin Scott
Tom Peterson
Lee Eikel

Bay 4 (if Bay 3 picks Dock B, Bay 4 chooses between A or B)
Paul Zimmerman
Phil Lotz           
Olaf Bleck         
Pat Gibson       
Dawn Kozak     
Art Shaw
Sara Fox           

Bay 5 (Gets whatever is left)
Glyn Locke/David Chapman/Ian Nicholson 
Robert Williams                         
Darren Gilbert                     
Brad Dumas                       
Kay VanValkenburgh           
Steve Girling

Each bay "coordinator" will be in touch about collecting. Glyn, David, Ian... as first on the waiting list for Bay 5 you've earned the privilege of being the the mayors of Bay 5. I'll send details separately. The fee is $120 for Thursday to Sunday -- bumped up to socialize the cost of only having six boats in Bay 5.

When I get the exact location of the bays, I will let everyone know.

Jonathan

Jonathan Nye

Have not gotten the actual locations of our bays so we'll figure it out onsite. If anyone needs to reach me, please use nineoneseven fivenineseven twoeightninesix.
Jonathan

Matt Sole

Quote from: Jonathan Nye on April 02, 2012, 10:17:24 PM

Each bay "coordinator" will be in touch about collecting. Glyn, David, Ian... as first on the waiting list for Bay 5 you've earned the privilege of being the the mayors of Bay 5. I'll send details separately. The fee is $120 for Thursday to Sunday -- bumped up to socialize the cost of only having six boats in Bay 5.

When I get the exact location of the bays, I will let everyone know.

Jonathan

Don't mean to be picky but the price per boat including tax should be around $123 per boat and for bay 5 with only 6 boats; that's around $143 per boat. Based on $271 per slip per night for three nights.
Booze it or lose it

Hijack GBR 78

Jonathan Nye

$270.60 (cost per bay) times 5 bays time 3 nights is $4,059. $4,059 divided by 34 bay residents is $119.38 which I rounded up to $120.
Jonathan

Jonathan Nye

Let's designate Bay 1 the first bay as one walks down the dock from the resort, Bay 2 the second and so on. More later. Jonathan

Jonathan Nye

With only 4 bays, the new per boat fee is $95.50.
Jonathan

Peter Beardsley

We need to figure out who paid who for what since not everyone ended up in the proper bay. 
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"