Charleston Race Week 2015

Started by Peter Beardsley, September 30, 2014, 01:25:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Beardsley

Registration now open for those who really enjoy advance planning.  http://www.yachtscoring.com/emenu.cfm?eID=1220
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Jonathan Nye

Logistics... Anyone working on dockage? And Azalea is no longer offering storage leading up to the event so I have an email into Randy Draftz asking for alternatives. Jonathan

Sail22

Randy had a lot of free storage next to his building. Not far from the water and very safe. There is a spot next door that should have outside room and could have inside but more last minute. Jonathan let us know why you hear from Randy.

Later,

Ed Furry
Sail22 fälē
Viper USA 231

Jonathan Nye

Randy got Azalea to recommit so that's an option again this year. Randy's shop will probably have space. It won't be free but it may not be much.

Jonathan Nye

Just heard from Randy and it'll be $50/month at his place. If interested, make arrangements with him directly. If you need contact info, believe it's on the event site or you can pm me for it. Jonathan

Peter Beardsley

Reminder that the early entry fee discount period ends January 31 for CRW.  http://www.yachtscoring.com/emenu.cfm?eID=1220

I know of at least another 8 boats who say they're coming who haven't signed up yet, should be 20+ Vipers as usual. 
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Peter Beardsley

Now up to 16 Vipers -- more to come.
Viper 333 "Glory Days"

Ed "Buttons" Padin, Class Administrator

The following pdf describes an option for storing boats in Charleston, SC after the March regattas in Miami so that boats need not be taken north to only be brought south again.
Ed "Buttons" Padin
Viper 640 Class Administrator
erpadin [at] padesta [dot] com

Peter Beardsley

Now up to 19 Vipers.  Ghost Panda is on loan for this one.  Who will be the 20th entry?
Viper 333 "Glory Days"

Brad Dumas

Has anyone looked into docking this year? It's shaping up to be the biggest Crw yet and things get tight.

Sail22

I would pitch in to share a slip if anyone needs another boat. How many Vipers usually fit in a slip? I can try to get one this week plus we are there the weekend before which usually helps to get one late. Let me know and I can help.

Later,

Ed

A Full CRW update will be going out today. That being said, I have reserved two full bays for the Vipers. In the past we had as many as ten boats in one slip. It gets a bit close and needing lots of fenders and lines, but it's workable.

More soon,

Buttons Padin
Ed "Buttons" Padin

Somers Kempe

Viper 640 #262 - "Smokin" - Bermuda

Peter Beardsley

Somers - you guys need to sign up for the regatta first, then you get a slip.  You'll be entry # 20.
Viper 333 "Glory Days"

Here's the CRW logistical Update #1 I sent to those who have registered. Don't be left out "In The Cold,) if you get my New York drift...
Ed "Buttons" Padin