Wickford Regatta 2015

Started by Cole Constantineau, March 30, 2015, 04:16:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cole Constantineau

Hey Everybody!

Just wondering who's thinking about doing the Wickford Regatta this year, because I am!  It's always a great event, Skip gets in a ton of races and the dinner at the Wickford YC is pretty awesome on Saturday night.  This event really shows off a ton of small town New England charm...  The early bird registration is $125 per Viper, and it ends on midnight April 1st:  www.wickfordregatta.com

We had 9 boats on the line last year and it was a blast.

Cole Constantineau

Not sure if Skip has a scratch sheet up yet, but from what I heard we have a few boats who have paid the registration already:

Me
Kay
Joe Healey
Paul Z

I'm pretty sure we'll have at least a few more (ie: Dave and Moise, 2 more marblehead boats, some LIS boats maybe?)

Peter Beardsley

I don't know what's happening on the WLIS end with it but I doubt there will be a strong traveling WLIS group for this one with double weekends bookending Wickford (May 23-24 Larchmont, June 13-14 Noroton).  One thing we could potentially do for 2016 is have New Englands at Wickford (as opposed to having it in Newport or Marblehead NOOD), but I don't have any strong feelings on that one.  I will be out of town that weekend and not sailing.
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Joe Healey

New Englands in Wickford would be great.
Viper 121 Live Wire

Cole Constantineau

I'm with Joe, a New Englands in Wickford would be awesome!

Dan Tucker

I may be the one bringing my daughter to race her I420. If so, I could crew...
Race it like you stole it.