2013 Miami Regattas?

Started by Samson Vasquez, September 15, 2012, 09:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan Tucker

Quote from: Robert Williams on October 19, 2012, 04:11:33 PM
We have as much fun as Ensure will allow.
Rob, that is the funniest think I have read on here in quiet a while. I don't often literally laugh out loud while reading the forum, but that did it! Looking forward to seeing you in Miami again.
Race it like you stole it.

Somers Kempe

So what are the dates for Miami racing in 2013?  My son is on school break Feb 9th-17th and flights from BDA are around $370 direct...  Is there a small fun regatta to bring the little whipper along for?

What are the other dates?  I want to line up some other people to charter boats in the spring with hopes to have them become owners. 

Concrete dates please.
Viper 640 #262 - "Smokin" - Bermuda

Jeff Jones

Are you guys still considering several weekend regattas or is Justin's idea of a week-long event still on the table.

The sooner you guys solidfy these plans, the better chance there will be that a few Texicans will make the trip.

j   

Lee Eikel

Jeff I think the Miami dates are all in the event section of the website.  I know we plan on going to the Feb event and Race week.  Can't dend the whole week down there.  They finally put the NOR up on NOYC.org for MGRW, not sure it can be fitted into anyones plans now but let me know.

Jeff Jones

You thinking - scratch MGRW 2013 off the schedule Lee?

Quote from: Lee Eikel on November 24, 2012, 10:04:50 AM
Jeff I think the Miami dates are all in the event section of the website.  I know we plan on going to the Feb event and Race week.  Can't dend the whole week down there.  They finally put the NOR up on NOYC.org for MGRW, not sure it can be fitted into anyones plans now but let me know.

Craig Wilusz

Craig and Deborah are not planning on bringing the Viper to MGRW.  In fact. Don't really see doing MGRW on the Viper in the future. 
Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur

Jim Sears

We are planning on doing MGRW, and I'm pretty sure one or two other California teams are planning on it, too.
-Jimbo
F.N.G.
USA-148
SoCal

Lee Eikel

Jeff, my plan was Feb 9-10 in  Miami.  If enough Vipers sign up for MGRW then I'll bring the boat home after that regatta and do MGRW (23-24).  If not I will leave the boat in Miami until Bacardi.  I really want MGRW to stay on the schedule.  I just think NOYC has not been pushing it like they should.  I am pretty sure the VX's will be there in force.

Jim Sears

Lee, looks like MGRW has the one-designs racing Feb 14-17.
-Jimbo
F.N.G.
USA-148
SoCal

Lee Eikel

Jim, you are correct.  Looked at the wrong dates.  The plan is still the same.

Robert Williams

Lee,
#168 and Pat Gibson are planning MGRW and then traveling
to Miami Race Week should two weekends of racing still be on the
schedule. I have heard some other Texas boats will be at MGRW.
Pat and I are then moving to Miami the following week.

Lee Eikel

Can we get a head count on how may will be going to the Miami Winter #2 Valentine cup on Feb 09-10th?  This is the Weekend before MGRW.  Thanks

Kevin Blank

Snake Spit (#17) will be sailing MGRW.

Dave Doucett

#158 is in for Feb 8-10, March 2-9th.  Would love to see some NOR's and a registration website for the February event.

Peter Beardsley

Dan Tucker is putting together the NORs for January, February and the pre-Bacardi event in March.  I know of at least 10+ Vipers who say they're coming in January and February, hopefully we can get the details together on that soon.  People should sign up online for the events that are on yachtscoring.com right now though:

Bacardi Cup: http://www.yachtscoring.com/emenu.cfm?eID=729
Charleston: http://www.yachtscoring.com/emenu.cfm?eID=742
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"