2012 Viper NAs - registration now open

Started by Peter Beardsley, April 03, 2012, 11:54:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan Tucker

Quote from: Peter Beardsley on May 10, 2012, 11:37:53 PM
Now up to 44 entries.  Reminder that the early registration discount ends on May 31, and we're already in the month of May.  Get those plans together and sign up online today.  http://www.yachtscoring.com/emenu.cfm?eID=640
This just in! New sponsorship from Mauri Pro Sailing, for a lucky registrant!

Free $250 for Sailing Gear for the 50th. boat to register (and participate).

The fine print:

- Applies to Gill, Henri Lloyd and Slam clothing product only.
- Shipping within the USA only.
- Delivery at the regatta. Must race at the regatta (no signing to win only)

So really, it's the 50th boat to register THAT ACTUALLY SHOWS UP! I have the order of registrations.

Thanks Juan!!
Race it like you stole it.

Peter Beardsley

Now up to 48 entries.  Early entry discount ends May 31.
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Peter Beardsley

49th entry just hit.  It is literally now a race to see who will be the 50th entry and get the $250 worth of free sailing gear. 
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Peter Beardsley

That didn't take long...less than 30 minutes for entry 50 -- Andy Stoddard / Matt Jadamec and Viper 15, "Smiling Bob" (which is also the oldest Viper registered to date for the 2012 NAs).  Pretty neat. 
Viper 333 "Glory Days"

Jeff Jones

Any good leads on housing?  Something within stumbling distance of the bars but not too far from the marina.

Be my first trip up there.

Justin Scott

Quote from: Jeff Jones on May 30, 2012, 11:14:01 PM
Any good leads on housing?  Something within stumbling distance of the bars but not too far from the marina.

Marina????

You're in for a shock.  (In a good way)
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Peter Beardsley

Now at 52 entries.  To infinity and beyond...
Viper 333 "Glory Days"

Jason Hyerstay

Quote from: Justin Scott on May 31, 2012, 02:36:10 AM
Quote from: Jeff Jones on May 30, 2012, 11:14:01 PM
Any good leads on housing?  Something within stumbling distance of the bars but not too far from the marina.

Marina????

You're in for a shock.  (In a good way)

In most places, a bay like that would be a nice spot for a an afternoon sail. In Marblehead, it is a gigantic boat parking lot on the way to the ocean! :)
Jason Hyerstay - Streetwise - Viper 640 #195 - Lake Champlain Yacht Club, Shelburne, Vermont, USA, https://lcyc.info

Drake Borer

Jeff Jones

I put the word out that you had dibs on a gunboat 60 if one becomes available.   I'm optimistic.

but you'd better book a backup just in case.  

monkey

Quote from: Drake Borer on May 31, 2012, 11:30:38 PM
And tips on housing?

Peter Beardsley

There was a housing email that went out to all registered boats yesterday.  If you didn't get it, let me know and I will forward.  But there's a housing committee chair and there are recommendations for hotels / motels, and options for staying in people's homes.   Lots of options on a first-come, first-serve basis.

Now up to 54 entries, and I hear that a 55th is likely to come shortly. 
Viper 333 "Glory Days"

Justin Scott

Quote from: Jeff Jones on May 31, 2012, 11:57:45 PM
I put the word out that you had dibs on a gunboat 60 if one becomes available.   I'm optimistic.

but you'd better book a backup just in case.  

monkey

Quote from: Drake Borer on May 31, 2012, 11:30:38 PM
And tips on housing?

I dont know if you knew.....but one of the Viper owners does own a Gunboat 60 and we are hoping that he comes to the NAs, sooo there may be one hell of a spectator boat.
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Peter Beardsley

Now at 55 entries due to a certain Bermudian. 
Viper 333 "Glory Days"

Craig Wilusz

Will extra regatta event dinner tickets be available for purchase?
Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur

Tim Carter

OK, inquiring minds want to know...  is this probably a t-shirt and shorts event on the water, or will the plastic fantastics be needed??   (other than one of your little fronts that blow through)...    :)

Water temp? Air? Humidity?.  I know I will look @ the forecast, but what will most of the locals be doing?
Lt Coast Gov