Hi guys

firstly great fun sailing at RYE,

for those of us looking at coming across the pond,
I see the dates are 7th-12th but what are
the racing days?

David
helm gbr 123

Jonathan Nye

Thursday, March 10 to Saturday, March 12.
Jonathan

Justin Scott

Newsflash - Hot off the Presses.

Miami Bacardi Race Week.

1. Coral Reef Yacht Club have offered to host the Vipers at the Bacardi this year. We couldn't say "Yes Please" fast enough.

In 2009 many of us remember the Vipers at Coral Reef Cup when we sailed out of CRYC.  Super amazing hospitality, great facility, stepped out our boats and went to the tiki bar by the pool.

In 2010 at Bacardi week, the Viper fleet were split between BBYC, Shake -A-Leg, and a public ramp for fishing boats. It was hard for the fleet to feel the same sense of camraderie if you were not all rafted together.  CRYC loves the Viper fleets and decided to take us in.

2. Launching and pulling is included in the entry fee. CRYC will provide launching windows for the Vipers at the club, while the Stars are out racing on Tuesday and Wednesday. Shake A Leg will provide launching for anyone who cant get in the window. 
We will have our own trailer storage between CRYC and the Key so no more fighting for public parking spots next to S-A-L.
The haul out is going to be at S-A-L. We will organize ourselves between the ramp and the hoist at S-A-L  and a portion of the parking area will be suitably cordoned off.

3. Parties will all be centrally located at one tent + a Viper party at the club.

One last message. CRYC says please don't bring your swim wear and jump into the gorgeous, blue swimming pool located right by the tiki bar overlooking the wonderful acqua waters of Biscayne Bay, only steps away from where your boat is moored........but if you do (and we certainly understand the effects of our daquiris) please bring your own towels!

Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Justin Scott

Coral Reef YC and Etchells fleet also ask if the Viper have any interest in participating in the Coral Reef Cup at the end of March. Casual and fun.

Alternatively, is there any demand for a casual Viper regatta in Miami before the Bacardi in February?
Viper - Mambo Kings

Jay Harrell

November 23, 2010 (Miami, Fla.) ? Following a successful inaugural year, BACARDI? Miami Sailing Week (BMSW) will return to Coconut Grove in Miami, Fla., for its second annual running from March 6-12, 2011.  In addition, the organizing committee has announced the creation of BACARDI Newport Sailing Week, which will be held in Newport, R.I., from June 23-26, 2011.  Both events will be presented by EFG Bank with Bacardi U.S.A., Inc. reconfirmed as the title sponsor.

Featured at the week-long regatta in Miami will be the 84th running of the historic BACARDI? Cup for the Star Class. The BACARDI Cup was conceived in 1927 as a three-day event with less than ten boats competing for the Trofeo BACARDI as part of Cuba?s Mid-Winter Championship. The regatta continued for 30 years until political unrest forced the BACARDI Cup to move in 1962 from Havana to the Coral Reef Yacht Club in Coconut Grove. Since continuing ever since in Miami, the BACARDI Cup has grown into an internationally renowned sailing spectacle with as many as 200 world-class sailors representing 23 different countries, all channeling the grand tradition of camaraderie that has made the event so cherished by its participants.

The Viper 640, along with the Melges 20, Melges 24 and the J/24 classes, will join the competition at BMSW. The event will be a six-day experience that will gather national and international sailing classes together in a fun-filled week of regattas, awards ceremonies, parties, and cultural exhibits. The racing begins on March 7, with events scheduled daily through March 12. The prestigious Coral Reef Yacht Club will coordinate on-water activities in collaboration with Biscayne Bay Yacht Club and Coconut Grove Sailing Club. The U.S. Sailing Center and Shake-A-Leg Miami will also support the event. Racing will be held on three separate courses approximately two miles out on Biscayne Bay.  Event registration is online at MiamiSailingWeek.com

?We are pleased to be working again with our title sponsor  Bacardi U.S.A., Inc. and EFG Bank, which has become the new presenting sponsor of the BACARDI Miami/Newport Sailing Weeks,? said Gabriele Pedone, President of STUDIOMILANO, which organizes both regattas.  ?The fact that we will start a second event in Newport, Rhode Island, at Sail Newport next June, is confirmation that both our sponsors and participants enjoy the multi-class formula in a European-style regatta.?

Sponsorship opportunities are still available, including corporate and individual sponsor programs, as well as official supplier opportunities. Interested parties should contact [email protected].
More information on the BACARDI Miami Sailing Week, the 84th BACARDI Cup, and BACARDI Newport Sailing Week is available at BacardiCup.com, MiamiSailingWeek.com, and NewportSailingWeek.com.

Joseph Bainton

Just out of curiousity where are the Vipers rafting once launched?  With 80+ stars hauling daily at CRYC and the Sailing Center and RC boats tied three abreast on the CRYC 2 floats, I doubt that CRYC can accomodate them unless they move some big boats out of their slips, which seems unlikely.

Joe Bainton USA 40

Jonathan Nye

Vipers will be at CRYC. Launching will be while the Stars are racing and from that point the boats will stay in the water.
Jonathan

Justin Scott

Quote from: Joseph Bainton on January 10, 2011, 06:19:03 PM
Just out of curiousity where are the Vipers rafting once launched?  With 80+ stars hauling daily at CRYC and the Sailing Center and RC boats tied three abreast on the CRYC 2 floats, I doubt that CRYC can accomodate them unless they move some big boats out of their slips, which seems unlikely.

Joe Bainton USA 40

CRYC asked to have the Vipers this year. They like us. So they are moving some boats to make space for us.  The Grandpa 20s are being holed away at Coconut Grove SC.
Joe I expect you will be holding up the Tiki bar as usual, but I assume you will be sailing the Star in this one. We have at least two Viperers driving Stars, maybe three.
All the more reasons for Vipers to be at CRYC.......for us, being part of the tradition of the Bacardi is a true honour...not "just another regatta"
Viper - Mambo Kings

Robert Bernard

I'm still concerned that there are only 5 Vipers signed up for Bacardi...
Viper #76   Navi-Gator

Jonathan Nye

It's unfortunate that yes we have a second regatta going on that weekend. It's clearly drawn away a bunch of boats and makes it hard for people who want to sail and for whom the two are of roughly equal distances to decide what to do. Justin has put a huge amount of work into building relationships with Bacardi and EFG. For that reason, I'd encourage any fence sitters to come to Miami. It would be great to once again out draw the the Grandpa 20s. MGRW with 16 boats entered is already a success.

Definitely not comfortable lobbying people to do one regatta over another but that's the way I see it. Next year won't be an issue.

If anyone needs any help w/ logistics or has any questions, contact me here.

Craig Wilusz

How 'bout St. Pete NOODS, anybody else comin'?
Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur

Jonathan Nye

Quote from: Craig Wilusz on January 12, 2011, 12:33:25 PM
How 'bout St. Pete NOODS, anybody else comin'?
FWIW... I'm passing on St. Pete.
Jonathan

Justin Scott

If anyone is looking for accomodation in coconut grove during Miami RW, please let me know. We are looking at a great deal for renting a house, walking distance to the race site.
Viper - Mambo Kings

Harvey Barnes

I'm working on the logistics of getting one or both of our Vipers down to Miami.  I need to sort out boat storage between Miami and Charleston.

Justin, I'm interested in accommodations.