2011 Miami race week

Started by David Chapman, November 08, 2010, 08:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Scott

10 Vipers registered now .  More to come.

There is storage at Charleston or Miami. Most of the northern boats will head up to Charleston after Bacardi and leave our boats there . Then pick them up for CRW.

Bacardi ends on Saturday. So we stay at a motel en route to Charleston. Breakfast at Charleston and then a leisurely drive North on Sunday (not forgetting lunch at the legendary rib shack on 95) . Last year some folks left their trucks at Charleston and flew home.   

Big dump of snow here in CT. I am soooo ready for mojitos! 

Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Rick Mallinson

who to contact for miami storage?
shakealeg?
thanks
rick

Jonathan Nye

Rick,
Maybe I can help. What are your plans? Arrival date? Departure date? Any interest in also doing the Coral Reef Cup,  March 25-27 (which could turn into a two day affair for Vipers if that's the preference).

Jonathan

Matt Sole

I have got to figure out how to get my Viper down from Rhode Island.
Currently residing in Southern Florida, so looking for Miami , Lauderdale storage after the regatta until Charleston time.
Booze it or lose it

Hijack GBR 78

Jonathan Nye

Mast down storage  available near MIA. Will send details on Monday.
Jonathan

Justin Scott

Remember this year we are sailing out of Coral Reef YC, so we will be stepping straight from the boats to the Tiki bar by the pool.

Lets plan to gather there, enjoy a few mojitos and make post Bacardi party evening plans.

Ched Proctor and Chuck Allen have offered to do a tactics and tuning debrief after racing which we can also do at the club.

Cliff Clarke has a 35' power boat which will be the Viper tender, complete with Viper battle flag and cold ones for those who need that essential refreshment between races.   

Some of us are renting a house in the Grove, we will let you know address of Viper Central which will be walking distance from the club.
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Olaf Bleck

Okay, I'm in!  #14

I'm looking for housing if anyone has leads.  obleck [at] gmail
East Coast: Viper #56;  West Coast: Viper #24 (available for charter)

Matt Sole

Took a cruise around Biscane bay yesterday in a 28ft Rib. Wow, that is a pretty dam nice place to sail.
Booze it or lose it

Hijack GBR 78

cliff clark

Quote from: Matt Sole on February 06, 2011, 11:55:33 AM
Took a cruise around Biscane bay yesterday in a 28ft Rib. Wow, that is a pretty dam nice place to sail.

Dan Tucker

Quote from: Matt Sole on February 06, 2011, 11:55:33 AM
Yes. Yes, it is  :)

I can't wait, more &$(@# snow tomorrow!

Sent from my Galaxy Tab or Vibrant using Tapatalk & Swype, sorry for any Swypo's
Race it like you stole it.

Olaf Bleck

Woo hoo!   Can't tell who #15 is, but it sounds like we have a quorum!

See ya'll in Miamah!

Dan Tucker

I now have lodging and at least 1 crew. Hopefully 2 crew by end of day.

Now, to call Selden for a new outboard boom end, and find my insurance renewal.

And dig the boat out from behind a 4' snowbank!!

Preliminary visit to MIA next week for Strictly Sail. Can't beat 2 trips to Miami in February/March, really helps spring arrive sooner.  :)
Race it like you stole it.

Olaf Bleck

Wow, up to 16 reg'd!  Cool!

Matt Sole

Phew, I was getting worried.

It was a close call but my boat will be at Miami. I have classes this week so I can't race Thursday and Friday.
It is still preliminary but I will have a skipper for the week days and I will get to sail on Saturday.
But don't worry as of Friday evening I will be down in miami making a real scene!
Booze it or lose it

Hijack GBR 78