2011 Miami race week

Started by David Chapman, November 08, 2010, 08:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olaf Bleck

Hi Miami RW folks,

I'm still looking for a place for my crew and myself.  I have heard that there was a little "village" of sorts that had formed, i.e. a few houses people have rented.  Any space left?

I also found a 4br house near where this village probably is (based on last year), but I would need some people so split it with.  I also have leads on a couple of other smaller properties in the Grove.

Call me at 617-513-9841 or email obleck [at] gmail

Thx!

East Coast: Viper #56;  West Coast: Viper #24 (available for charter)

Olaf Bleck

Hi guys, heads up if you're still looking for space:

I got the Courtyard Marriott/Grove for a bid of $110 just now (comes out to $127/night) on priceline, Thur-Sat.

To do this:
- Refine by selecting Coral Gables/Coconut Grove, and 3 stars.  Click "Update Hotels"
- Click on Map View
- You should see only two hotels, the Courtyard and the Residence Inn.  (If not, don't proceed unless you're familiar with Priceline tricks)
- Click on one of the "Name your Price" buttons.
- Select Coral Gables/Grove and three stars from the bid criteria
- set in your bid (e.g. $110) and go through the steps.  If you win it, you will own it, so make sure everything's right.
- if you don't win, you can bid again by adding "North Miami" to the criteria.  North Miami has no 3-star hotels, so you an bid again and still just be in the same area.

Note: the CYM charges ~$20/night to park, so have other arrangements in mind. Likely we can park at Dinner Key

Matt Sole

Is your place full Olaf?

I am broke as a joke and need a place to stay Friday and Saturday night.
Booze it or lose it

Hijack GBR 78

Olaf Bleck

Quote from: Matt Sole on March 01, 2011, 10:05:14 PM

Is your place full Olaf?

Sorry Matt, we've got three in there.

I've also got a line on a cottage if anyone is looking.  It's $100/night and had a queen and a twin bed.  Indiana and  27th Ave.

Justin Scott

Lets find a couch for matt.

I shared the same berth with him (alternating watch), the whole way to Bermuda and it really wasnt so bad.

Highlight of the trip was coming offwatch and finding Matt's outline on the berth after he had vacated the berth like a police forensic line drawing of a dead body.

Seriously, Matt is coming down Friday night....... we can find a couch for him for one evening right?   
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

David Chapman

Hi guys

looking forward to my first time in Miami...

I'm trying to get to North Carolina after the regatta.
my mate is "studying" at UNC...

is anyone driving past or where should I fly too?

thank you

Dave

Justin Scott

We'll be driving thru North Carolina and have space. But your mate should come and meet us at a I 95 exit.
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Olaf Bleck

Hi all,

One of my crew is arriving in Ft. Lauderdale Monday night.  Is anyone passing by there on their way to Miami, and/or have an extra crash space for one night?  I don't think we're arriving until Tue. AM.

She's hot....  :-)

Jay Harrell

Quote from: Olaf Bleck on March 04, 2011, 09:57:03 AM
Hi all,

One of my crew is arriving in Ft. Lauderdale Monday night.  Is anyone passing by there on their way to Miami, and/or have an extra crash space for one night?  I don't think we're arriving until Tue. AM.

She's hot....  :-)

Are you bringing her to Charleston too?   She's great dinner company.

Eric Vigrass

What's going on down there in Miami? Only 10 boats in the first race

Olaf Bleck

Quote from: Eric Vigrass on March 10, 2011, 10:14:53 PM

What's going on down there in Miami? Only 10 boats in the first race

One boat out first race on account of keel issue.  My boat got left home and we chartered 105 which ended up withdrawing due to illness, and another boat is sailing Fri/Sat only.

Today offered up one excellent race, 11-14knots, shorts/t-shirt weather.  However, a squall line came through after race one and the fleet had some fun getting back in shore with some gusts in the 40's+ no doubt.  Tomorrow forecast for 15-18, temp's in the high 70's, and no doubt a LONG day of great racing ahead.

Lookin' fwd to it!