Vipers In Newport RI

Started by Jep Peacock, September 27, 2010, 02:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jep Peacock

Hey Guys and Gals,
Just wondering if there is anyone else on the fence about getting a Viper and sailing it in Newport.  We've got 3 there now and one on the way for next year!  Were looking to get two nights of 1D racing going on Mon and Wed. I'm curious as to the number of vipers needed to reach critical mass where Sail Newport will need another hoist!!  So if anyone has questions about storrage or the like please feel free to call me: 401-864-2127 or email [email protected].
Cheers,
Jep

Jep Peacock

Ok, I'm starting to get some interest.  We're up to 5 boats for next year and still counting!  Next question  for those of you out there who don't have a Viper... Who might be interested in chartering one in 2011 for summer weeknight racing on Mondays and/or Wednesdays and/or local regattas?  If you could pick, at the beginning of the year, what series you would want to do and some of the one-day events, and local regattas like the Coastal Living Regatta, would you be interested in chartering?  Any thoughts and questions would be greatly appreciated.
Jep

Matt Sole

Who is number 5?
Ben Jacobson and who else?
I have taken out enough boat jigs on my boat that one of em must buy one!
Booze it or lose it

Hijack GBR 78

Jep Peacock

The 5th will be David Dougherty, he and his son have come out with me on a couple of nuking days and they had a blast even when we wiped out a few times. I am pretty sure he's going to get a boat before next season. Plus Ben Steinberg is hopefully going to be relocating to Newport! So that would make 6!

Dave Nickerson

Jep - Let's catch up at HPDO.  May have one more new owner for you in Newport...
Viper #208 - Noank, CT

Jep Peacock

Dave that's great! Looking forward to seeing you there.

Ben Steinberg

Count Me, Kelley, and #22 as in!

Justin Scott

Looks like another two sets of owners are jumping into the class in Newport this week.

Watch out WLIS and Marblehead, the Newport fleet is getting feisty.   

Time for a Newport/LIS/Marblehead Challenge cup?
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Ben Steinberg

Winner has to drink out of the Cup, losers out of a dinghy boot. 

Olaf Bleck

Quote from: Ben Steinberg on November 05, 2010, 05:39:41 PM
Winner has to drink out of the Cup, losers out of a dinghy boot. 

Naw, man, PINK SLIPS!
East Coast: Viper #56;  West Coast: Viper #24 (available for charter)

David Furna

damn, drink out of a dinghy boot?! even the new ones stink!

Justin Scott

Quote from: David Furna on November 06, 2010, 08:30:55 AM
damn, drink out of a dinghy boot?! even the new ones stink!

If its alcohol, Matt Sole (Newport fleet) will drink it out of anything. I have the proof of that.

Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Matt Sole

I thought we had a deal that nothing from Bermuda ever got mentioned again on main land. You were not so innocent your self!
Booze it or lose it

Hijack GBR 78

Jep Peacock

Time for a Newport/LIS/Marblehead Challenge cup?

Good idea Justin. We could do a Viper Americas Cup (VAC).  It could take place on a weekend having a challenger and defender series on Saturday and a match race between the winners on Sunday.  Best of 3 or 5 races.  The first VAC would be in Newport for obvious reasons, and hopefully we'll start another "Longest Winning Streak" in sports history.  We'll have to work on the deed of gift over some pints.

Zach Freeborn

I heard through the grape vine today that #38 will be coming to Newport, which makes 8 boats and counting!
#85 "Greenthumb"
Newport, RI