Vipers In Newport RI

Started by Jep Peacock, September 27, 2010, 02:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Nickerson

Paul said today that another M32 team bought a new boat.  Count is now 9.
Viper #208 - Noank, CT

Drew Harper

My Best friend is from Woonsocket and he's SO damn stoked to go racing on a Viper.

Seem like we have four M32 teams now and I'm floating the concept amongst the Western and Japanese teams to see if we can spark some interest with them too!

Keep up the great work !!
#189 UK Built Mark IV Viper "DILLIGAF"

Matt Sole

I spoke with Malcom the owner of Celeritas this weekend, it looks like he has got a Viper on the way as a co-owner. Great job guys.
Booze it or lose it

Hijack GBR 78

Jep Peacock

From Newport Yacht Club RC.

Re: Tuesday nights
"Vipers are on the list and we expect SIs by mid March or earlier."

Jep Peacock

Dan Tucker

Great work Zach, Jep and all you guys. Keep it up!!
Race it like you stole it.

Peter Beardsley

That is excellent news.  Now how do we get all those Newport Vipers signed up for Bacardi in June?  Up to 15 entries and climbing each week. 
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Justin Scott

Quote from: Peter Beardsley on March 28, 2011, 02:36:51 PM
That is excellent news.  Now how do we get all those Newport Vipers signed up for Bacardi in June?  Up to 15 entries and climbing each week. 

The spread in the market was 27-30.......I went long! Fill your boots.
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Jep Peacock

We had a Smashing Start to Newport's Tues night racing!! 5 boats, one a few minnutes late to the start upholding the Viper tradition of  a new full assembly in the parking lot just prior to he first gun!!! Several (5)boats still on the way and we've been getting lots of interest from a lot of local talent so we've reached critical mass and will have even more Vipers next year! A big thanks to everyone who helped us along the way. It's going to be an amazing season! See you at Bacardi.
Glad To Be Here,
Jep

Peter Beardsley

That is awesome.  You guys should post your local results in the Newport forum each week for gawkers and other curious onlookers -- we'll do the same in WLIS.
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Ben Jacobsen

wasn't it 6 boats with 2 late?  I know both us and Chuck/Tom were late...  I had to sail to Jametown to pick up my crew and they started the race early by my watch...

Zach Freeborn

It was 5 last night with Jep, Ben S., Chuck/Tom, you and myself.  The Celeratas team was out practicing in the Swan 42, and Bliksem stayed on its trailer.  I expect the Lotzs' boat will be ready to join us in the next week or so.  We had to have set a record for getting Chuck and Tom's boat commissioned and in the water.  It looked like Chuck had just started unpacking the boat(hardware and lines were still in plastic bags) when I got there around 4:00 and it was in the water by 5:30.
#85 "Greenthumb"
Newport, RI

Paul Zimmerman

Chuck picked up the Lotz' boat today.