Southern Bay Race Week

Started by Michael Gravitt, April 08, 2014, 04:25:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Gravitt

Southern Bay Race Week is approaching! One of the largest regattas on the Southern Chesapeake Bay. Great racing, bands and Goslings Rum!! We have done a great job of developing the Viper fleet in Hampton with 4 local boats. Early bird rates. http://www.yachtscoring.com/emenu.cfm?eID=981

Peter Beardsley

Let's get all the local boats signed up (including the North Carolina guys) and then see what kind of push can come from other areas.  There's a conflicting event in the northeast that weekend but with a strong local turnout, who knows what happens next -- there are some other boats down south who could be talked into attending. 
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Cole Constantineau

I'd be there if it weren't for Cedar Point that same weekend...

Eddy Parker

Checking with my ace driver since her high school final exams are over May 29, but Granny's Hoe plans on being there.  I'll sign up later this week.

Steve Taylor

220 is signed up.
Sign up this week for the discount and, more importantly, 10 free drink tickets. :)

Let us know if anyone needs housing.

Tyler Moore

We need one more boat to guarantee a start.  Who will be the one to come through for the rest of us?  Free housing and free drinks?  What else could a person ask for!

Tyler Moore

The Chesapeake Bay served up its best conditions for this years event.  Temperatures in the low 70's and NE to E wind from 6-22.  6 boats made it to the race course for 6 around the buoys races and one distance race.  We had a great RC on our line and they cranked out the races in rapid fire succession.  Evenings started at the tent and usually progressed downtown to where the Blackbeard Pirate Festival was happening or over to the minor league baseball game.  I'm told from some newbie's that the Pirate Festival is quite a sight and something everyone should experience.........once.
http://www.yachtscoring.com/emenu.cfm?eID=981

David Furna

We had a great time, thanks to Tyler and Mike for all they do up there to build the fleet. Looking forward to our return in Nov for the Fall Fling.

Dave
Rope puller, Viper 108

Eddy Parker

I second what Dave said.  It was a well run regatta with perfect conditions.  This was my daughters first time driving the Viper in a one design regatta, and she is hooked.  We will be back again for the fall fling for sure.  Thank you Mike and Tyler!

Eddy
Viper 108 assistant rope puller and bar tender.

Cole Constantineau

Sounds like you guys had a good time!  I'm planning on driving down for the fall fling this year--looking forward to it!