Larchmont Memorial Day Regatta 2014 ($0 entry fee) May 24-25

Started by Peter Beardsley, April 21, 2014, 03:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Beardsley

May is almost here.  At the end of the month (May 24-25) is Larchmont Memorial Day Regatta.  We're preserving the best parts of past years ($0 entry fee, free boat storage, drysailing both days with three hoists for fast launching, late-ish start time, free party Saturday night with beer and BBQ, trophies included post racing Sunday for top 3, chalk talks in the morning pre-racing and practice if conditions allow, free housing Friday and/or Saturday night if people give enough advance notice, etc.)   In 2011 and 2012, we had 16 Vipers each, so it's a decent little event.  2013 I think we had 15-16 Vipers also, but we also had 35+ kts both days so there was no racing in case you're looking for results. 

For those who haven't done the regatta before:
- Late first warning both days (2:25 pm) -- allows people to drive down Saturday morning and stay out late Saturday night.  If there's a huge push, we can ask the RC to start an hour earlier on Sunday for the Vipers.

- Multiclass regatta with other area one-design keelboats, Vipers are the first start and they don't wait for other classes to finish before restarting.  If there's good weather, it'll be at least 4 races, but probably not more than 6. 

- Will post a working scratch sheet here.  Assume there are already 10 LYC Vipers signed up of the 15 in the fleet -- that's about the right percentage to expect for a holiday weekend and the first weekend of our season. 

- Counts toward the LYC season championship and the WLIS Viper Championship Series. 

- Also at the site of the 2015 Viper NAs -- good practice opportunity. 

- There's no NOR.  The YRALIS SIs govern, though there's usually a short amendment and basic entry form for the event.  The 2014 YRALIS SIs are posted at http://www.larchmontyc.org/racing/documents/2014YRA-LISODSIs-FINALMar13.pdf and the 2012 amendment and entry form is posted at http://www.larchmontyc.org/racing/memorialday2012public.shtml -- should be substantially similar except for a possible start time change for the Vipers. 

- Free housing if you give me enough notice, on a first-come, first serve basis. 

Please email me with questions or if you're planning to attend so that I can add you to the scratch sheet. 
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Peter Beardsley

Working scratch sheet = 16 boats so far, more to come:

42 Mark Engelhardt / Jason Hyerstay
95 Matt Hart (Saturday only)
121 Joe Healey
159 Peter Bauer
161 Christian Manchester
162 Bob Matthews
167 Justin Bauer
169 Jay Rhame
175 Greg Smith
176 Pierce Crosbie/Kayvan Heravi
177 Gabe Jostrom / Patrick Mauro
180 Steve Levy
182 Adam Trigg
193 Peter Broszkowski
205 Danny Pletsch / Cardwell Potts
206 Nic Buc / Peter Fernberger
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Peter Beardsley

Quote from: Paul Zinger on April 30, 2014, 10:00:29 PM
Fun race Monday to CPYC?
If people want.  I can't organize it this year since I will be out of town for both events, but it was a lot of fun last year.  For those who have no idea what Zinger is talking about, http://www.viper640.org/component/content/article/14-news/416-memorial-day-madness
Viper 333 "Glory Days"

Peter Beardsley

15 Vipers now signed up, updated scratch sheet above.
Viper 333 "Glory Days"

Peter Beardsley

Viper 333 "Glory Days"

Peter Beardsley

Results posted here for posterity in case they don't get archived properly on the new LYC website in future years. 
Viper 333 "Glory Days"