Pensacola YC Intergalatic Round Up, Feb 4-5, 2012

Started by Craig Wilusz, December 19, 2011, 03:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craig Wilusz

All, Pensacola Yacht Club, FL : http://pensacolayachtclub.org/  is hosting the "Intergalatci Round Up" February 4-5, 2012.  Fleets are Flying Tiger, Tripp 26, Wavelength 24, Elliott 770, Ultimate 20 and Viper 640's are invited. 

Anybody interested?

Craig & Deborah

Will get NOR out when it is fixed.
Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur

Lee Eikel

Craig we would most likely come if we could get a class.

Kevin Blank

We will be there, unless more bad things happen that can't be repaired fast enough...

Jay Harrell

I'm interested, but too soon to tell if I will be able to come.

Justin Scott

Quote from: Jay Harrell on December 21, 2011, 11:35:08 AM
I'm interested, but too soon to tell if I will be able to come.

Hey Jay,

This qualifies as a "sommat" regatta.
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Craig Wilusz

So far we have three boats that are in.  This regatta is three weeks before Mardi Gras regatta.  PYC has plenty of boat storage room and shouldn't hazve an issue with teams leaving boats there for a bit on the way to NOYC for Mardi Gras regatta.  NO is only about three hours drive away from PYC.

Come on south ya'all
Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur

Craig Wilusz

Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur

Craig Wilusz

Head count who is coming?  Race organizers would like to know for awards and how to set up  the starts.  PM me here or email me directly  at [email protected] if you have questions or need info.  Craig
Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur

David Furna

Wish I could bring 55 down there, but I'll be in Utah skiing...I hope. (bad snow year so far out west)

See ya at Mardi Gras Craig...and try not to piss Debra off Ok?

Craig Wilusz

Intergalactic Keel Boat Roundup
Pensacola Yacht Club
Feb 4-5, 2011

MANAGEMENT AND RULES
This regatta will be sailed under the management of the PYC Race Committee and will be governed by the current Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS) and the Class Rules of the invited classes, except as modified by notice.

CLASSES AND FEES   
Only One Design spinnaker Classes will be sailed. Cost of the Regatta will be $90.00, which includes Florida and local sales taxes, with proof of US Sailing membership ($95 for skippers who are not members of USSailing). A late fee of $15.00 will be charged to any skipper who wants to register after the close of registration, Wednesday 1800 hrs., February 1,2011.

The invited classes are Flying Tiger 10, Tripp 26, Wavelength 24, Elliot 770, Viper 640 and Ultimate 20.  Three boats will constitute a fleet.  Fleets of less than five boats may have their starts combined with other classes, but they will only be scored against boats of their own class.  The Race Committee Reserves the option of combining the starts of larger classes in order to get more races in.

Competitors shall register in advance by completing the Event Registration Form on the web at Registration Form:  HYPERLINK "https://www.regattanetwork.com/clubmgmt/applet_registration_form.php?regatta_id=4767"https://www.regattanetwork.com/clubmgmt/applet_registration_form.php?regatta_id=4767

SCHEDULE
February 4   0800-0900   Registration and Check-in
      0900      Skippers Meeting.
      1055      First Warning, additional races to follow.
February 5   0955      First Warning, additional races to follow.

One race will constitute a regatta. However, three races are anticipated on Saturday, February 4, and two races are anticipated on Sunday, February 5.  No race will be started after 1 pm on Sunday.  Trophies will be awarded shortly after racing concludes on Sunday, February 5.

SCORING

The Low Point Scoring System, Appendix A2 (RRS) will apply.

FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION CONTACT
PYC Fleet Captain, John Buziak Phone: 840-457-4142 or email:  HYPERLINK "mailto:[email protected]" [email protected]

The City of Pensacola offers a wide selection of motels available many of which are within 5 to 10 minute drive to the Club.  .
The types of accommodations available are as follows along with approximate typical room rates for standard rooms with two double beds:

Crowne Plaza (Downtown)   $139 to $149
Marriott Residence Inn   $139 (Bedroom suite)
Comfort Inn         $89
Suburban Lodge      $85
Ashton Suites      $80
Hampton Inn      $90
Holiday Inn  Express    $90
Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur

Craig Wilusz

Wish I could bring 55 down there, but I'll be in Utah skiing...I hope. (bad snow year so far out west)

Dave, you can make it, it is on the way to Mardi Gras to boot.  Skiing? Snow? Burr.  Nope, I done already pissed of Deborah this week.  Went sailing on that new Farrier Carbon 32 Jailbreak that is on Sailing Anarchy this week and failed to call her so she could come along.  Had a good time on the boat with Jerry the owner, Randy Smyth and me.  Got the main hull out of the water on the curved foils doing 20.1 knots boat speed in 12-14 knots of breeze on the wind. She is pissed and I am in the doghouse for awhile. 
Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur

Craig Wilusz

6 Tripp 26's registered
1 Melges 24 registered
1 Viper registered.  Can we get more?  3 boats make a class, 5 boats gets us our own start.  Any Vipers show up Craig will provide a bottle of Mount Gay to each boat.
Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur

David Furna

Quote from: Craig Wilusz on January 12, 2012, 08:04:52 AM

Dave, you can make it, it is on the way to Mardi Gras to boot.  Skiing? Snow? Burr.  Nope, I done already pissed of Deborah this week.  Went sailing on that new Farrier Carbon 32 Jailbreak that is on Sailing Anarchy this week and failed to call her so she could come along.  Had a good time on the boat with Jerry the owner, Randy Smyth and me.  Got the main hull out of the water on the curved foils doing 20.1 knots boat speed in 12-14 knots of breeze on the wind. She is pissed and I am in the doghouse for awhile. 

I bet she is pissed off...that's a bad ass boat. 20kts in 12-14? incredible

Craig Wilusz

Okay wankers, Pensacola YC just modified the NOR to allow the VX One Design into the regatta.  So now there are two VX's to one Viper.  Really, we going to let that little boat push us around already?

Craig
Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur

Craig Wilusz

Cancel this regatta.  Vipers are unable to get three boats to the line.  Maybe some other time.
Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur