Pensacola YC Intergalatic Round Up, Feb 4-5, 2012

Started by Craig Wilusz, December 19, 2011, 03:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Furna

That sucks Craig. VX gonna take over SE events. Wish I could've made it down there. See ya in N.O.

Craig Wilusz

Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur

Jeff Jones

I guess you could look at it that way, or you could consider the glass half-full - that the VX is going to help sport-boat's like the viper gain wider acceptance in an area where people are still sailing Flying Scotts' etc. 

Here in Texas vipers have been seen as pretty extreme boats - because we simply dont have many real sportboats sailing...   it's C22's and j24's.  I think the VX will make the viper look more attractive to people who might otherwise be intimidated by something so powered up.

I have my VX sitting next to my Viper and they are very different boats.  The VX looks much smaller.. it is much smaller.  It's really a lead assisted dingy and really makes the viper seem like a pretty stable platform.  I think you've seen the boat's and would agree to that point.

If i were you Craig i'd befriend those guys, coordinate events with them.  Be optimistic that soon Zimm and Ben will be infusing very high-quality boats up the coast and be able to provide the kind of service that could help you rebuild that SE fleet.

Last year we were on a line with some V15's.  This year for MGRW we have 20 vipers registered and will share a line with a fleet of VX's.  MUCH better.   Frankly, i'd like to see regatta's filled with fun fast boat's that make people passionate about sailing.  Of course, i'll do everything in my power to make sure the Vipers have a good size piece of that.

On that note i'd like to give a shout out to all the guys who are traveling a long distance to help us make MGRW bigger and better.   Zimm, Justin S, Peter B, etc..etc..   it's going to be fantastic to have you guys at one of our events.   We'll do our best to make sure you have a fantastic time.

Quote from: David Furna on January 19, 2012, 08:38:23 AM
That sucks Craig. VX gonna take over SE events. Wish I could've made it down there. See ya in N.O.

Craig Wilusz

It's all good.  The VX is really gaining a lot of support (albeit no depostis on one yet in the GYA, but lookers, and DR's in Birmingham). 

Deborah and I are heavily considering one ourselves in the future, but gotta get rid of the Nacra 20 first, that and the VX is real expensive Portsmouth boat without an OD fleet starting up yet.

We will keep the Viper, love the boat, plus we can do OD, PHRF and Portsmouth with it!
Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur