New England Champs - June 29-30, 2019 - Marblehead

Started by Fletcher, March 02, 2019, 07:20:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fletcher

This year the Marblehead fleet is hosting the New England champs June 29-30th at the Boston Yacht Club. It will be a stand alone event and we'll have a class dinner at the club Saturday evening.

The Notice of Race and registration info is here: https://theclubspot.com/regatta/CFHBgnfqK3

Everyone that wants to will sail out of BYC, and we have arranged discounted hotel rooms at the club which we'll hold for the event until  4/15. We'll have awards for Young Skipper or Crew (under 25) and Young Skipper or Crew (under 18).

Local rum house Rumson's is sponsoring, so we'll be sure to have plenty of that on hand.

Register now!
Viper 207 Back in Business

Peter Beardsley

In, although chartering my boat to a local sailor for the event - Rachie and I will be crewing. 
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Jason Hyerstay

Paul K has the wrong boat number. 22 is Parker Hoblin's Mongoose.
Jason Hyerstay - Streetwise - Viper 640 #195 - Lake Champlain Yacht Club, Shelburne, Vermont, USA, https://lcyc.info

Dave Nickerson

Did you notice that while working on your entry for 195?
Viper #208 - Noank, CT

Peter Beardsley

Quote from: Jason Hyerstay on March 06, 2019, 12:42:47 PM
Paul K has the wrong boat number. 22 is Parker Hoblin's Mongoose.
He bought a used set of sails from Ghost Panda (222) and probably just removed one of the numbers.  Get Parker to show up to Marblehead and we'll take care of it.  Paul knows that's not his official number (he owns hull 70). 
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Matt Rowlinson

[/quote]
He bought a used set of sails from Ghost Panda (222) and probably just removed one of the numbers.  Get Parker to show up to Marblehead and we'll take care of it.  Paul knows that's not his official number (he owns hull 70). 
[/quote]
That explains it. Nobody wants that number.
Not registered yet but but planning to be there with 291.

Cole Constantineau

This is going to be a great event everyone!  The Marblehead fleet is growing and definitely would appreciate the class' support at New England's this year.  For housing, support, advice, intel, etc. don't hesitate to reach out to me or Fletcher.  The BYC housing option is a good one if you register things early...

Right now we have 8 local entries, 1 traveller (Dave and Mo), and are expecting (hopefully) 2 more local entries in the next week or two..  I'm hoping we have 25+ Vipers in town! :)

Cheers,
Cole

Jason Hyerstay

Streetwise is registered!

While I have travelled with 42 and 18, this is our first time taking 195 on the road!

Cheers,

Jason
Jason Hyerstay - Streetwise - Viper 640 #195 - Lake Champlain Yacht Club, Shelburne, Vermont, USA, https://lcyc.info

Cole Constantineau

Jason,

So excited to see you bringing 195 down to Marblehead!!!

Also excited to see Whisper is signed up from Canada!

Up to 11 entries--join the fun guys!

Cheers,
Cole

Gary Annino

Cole Constantineau

Gary,

So exciting to see you guys making the trip up again this year!!

Cheers,
Cole

Steve Chapman

288 is in. Looking forward to sailing Marblehead for the first time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Steve Chapman
Oshunmare - Viper #288
Chair International Viper 640 Class Association
Ottawa - Great Lakes Region

Fletcher

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

A quick reminder to book your rooms at the BYC soon - we have them all blocked for the regatta, but need to release them on Monday(4/15). It's quite a good location being directly upstairs from the regatta site and the club is walk-able to everywhere in town.

If you're on the fence, I'd recommend booking now as you can cancel with full refund at least 7 days in advance. Please call Cindy Schrader at 781.631.3100 x214 or email [email protected] to book your room. More information about the rooms is available here https://www.bostonyc.org/hotel 

Cole Constantineau

Hi Everyone!

The local fleet is extremely excited to host our regional Viper friends and we have a great event in store!  We're at 13-14 boats, but I've heard rumblings from another 4-5..it would be really neat to see 20 on the line guys!  Please reach out to me if you have anything holding you back at all--I want to help make it easy and fun!

-Cole

Fletcher

Up to 17 entries :)

A few people have asked about crewing, so get in touch if you need more bodies.