New England Champs - June 29-30, 2019 - Marblehead

Started by Fletcher, March 02, 2019, 07:20:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fletcher

The Marblehead Fleet is excited to welcome you all this weekend and we have an awesome regatta planned! The sailing instructions have been posted on the event page here: https://theclubspot.com/regatta/CFHBgnfqK3

A few more things to know for this weekend -

Coffee and Muffins will be served at the BYC both days
First gun Saturday is at 11:30 and we recommend leaving the BYC dock no later than 10:30.
We have an after racing social hour planned outdoors at the Gazebo where we'll have free (good) beer and samples from Rumson's Rum
The class dinner will follow the social hour starting around 1800, we'll have more free (good) beer here plus a buffet dinner (The club chef is fantastic!)
Due to new state of MA laws, only licensed operators are allowed to use the cranes. That means BYC staff or licensed members are the only ones who push the buttons - you'll still launch your own boat.
The hoist is not available after 6pm Friday or before 8am Saturday.
We'll have Jake Vick out in a rib taking photos both days.
If there's anything you need - crew, sandwich shop recommendations,  etc, please ask!

See you this weekend!

Fletcher

Viper 207 Back in Business

Steve Chapman

definitely need sandwich shop recommendations!

I hope significant non-sailing others are welcome at the dinner Saturday - what are the arrangements to pay for the dinner?

Cheers
Steve
Steve Chapman
Oshunmare - Viper #288
Chair International Viper 640 Class Association
Ottawa - Great Lakes Region

Fletcher

Shubie's is my go to, though I'd order online in advance as they get busy. Crosby's market is walking distance to the club and usually has pre made options. Manhattan sandwich is also really good.

Significant others and guests are welcome at dinner and can pay when they arrive or in advance online: https://theclubspot.com/shop/regatta/CFHBgnfqK3/merchandise

Viper 207 Back in Business