Long Beach Race Week

Started by Drew Harper, June 09, 2010, 12:56:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drew Harper

I think we have 8 boats so far. I would LOVE to be there but Timbo will ably replace me helming his new boat, #104.

#133 is at sea but won't be here in time. Actually High Sierra is in Jeopardy too.

#72 is available for charter and I just caught wind that #49 is for sale in Oregon. #49 is an AWESOME boat and will be scooped up soon, hopefully in time for LBRW.

I will see you down there. I'm either crewing on Wasabi (Kernan 44) or running Viper support Rib (aka beer delivery).

Whose coming???
#189 UK Built Mark IV Viper "DILLIGAF"

robert miller

Usa 26 Giggity will be there...

Drake Borer

Go get em Bob.  Do us Texas boys proud!  Wish I could be there

Drew Harper

Quote from: Drake Borer on June 10, 2010, 10:55:25 PM
Go get em Bob.  Do us Texas boys proud!  Wish I could be there

Hull #72 is still for charter....anyone?

Tim Carter

Hi folks, another roll call for LB..

Cali we have #34, 104 & 130 in

AZ has #31, 46, 71 & 126.

Tejas has #26.  That's eight, I beleive #72 in AZ and #601 in Cali can be chartered.....  Bueler?  Bueler?

Is anyone considering leaving boats here before rolling up to the Sierra's?  I have contacted a couple of storage places in LB.  Cost is about $100..
Lt Coast Gov

Glenn Vanheel

Quote from: Timothy Carter on June 14, 2010, 06:09:18 PM
  I beleive #72 in AZ and #601 in Cali can be chartered.....  Bueler?  Bueler?

how much $$$$$$$$$$$$
F'ing Walker!

Drew Harper

Just heard from the Owner of #72. She's available for charter for this 3 day event for a paltry $500. He will find a way to get it from AZ to SoCal (ABYC) and the boat will spend some time there afterwards for anyone looking to charter for High Sierra.

What say yee East Coasters. Wanna come support the West Coast growth?

Brad Boston

Drew,
I will be there with my crew shoes on.... See you there.
Brad Boston

Stacey Loula

Nice to have you on our coast Brad! Who are you sailing with?

Tim Carter

It will be great to meet Brad....

Looks like So Cal will have 5 boats in soon..

34, 38, 601, 104 & 130..  :)
Lt Coast Gov

Greg Jackson

We are driving out Thursday morning from AZ. Anyone going out in the afternoon to practice?

Stupid question. I10 to 60/91 to the 101, Harbor Blvd over the bridge to ABYC (I'm used to going home to PV)? or is there a better way in?

Thanks,

Greg

Tim Carter

Quote from: Greg Jackson on June 21, 2010, 10:06:44 AM
We are driving out Thursday morning from AZ. Anyone going out in the afternoon to practice?

Stupid question. I10 to 60/91 to the 101, Harbor Blvd over the bridge to ABYC (I'm used to going home to PV)? or is there a better way in?

Thanks,

Greg
Hi Greg, I'm will be there Thur Eve..~ 5 ish.

On your approach, you will cross both the 605 and the 710 before you see the 110, Harbor Fwy.
The 605 will drop you off on the East side of the club, the 710 will take you into Downtown LB, West of the club.
Call me when you get close, I can guide you in.

Timbo
310-767-6661
Lt Coast Gov

Greg Jackson

Quote from: Timothy Carter on June 21, 2010, 10:36:15 AM
Quote from: Greg Jackson on June 21, 2010, 10:06:44 AM

Thanks,

Greg
Hi Greg, I'm will be there Thur Eve..~ 5 ish.

On your approach, you will cross both the 605 and the 710 before you see the 110, Harbor Fwy.
The 605 will drop you off on the East side of the club, the 710 will take you into Downtown LB, West of the club.
Call me when you get close, I can guide you in.

Timbo
310-767-6661

That makes sense... see you Thursday. The bar better be open!

Drew Harper

Timbo, We're trying to get #130 out mid-day on Thurs. Can you play hooky?

G and I are flying into Duke at 9am. I've got to dial in Wasabi's NKE's but then we are hoping to go tune sail with some Vipers...Let's meet for cocktails at the club...sunset on the Veranda !!

Greg Jackson

Tim,

Are we rafting up like at the SA regatta at your club? Or are we pulling out every night? If so I'll get some Polish (I'm half Polish (I can hear the jokes on Friday now), I can say this) racing stripes tomorrow so I don't need to use my PFD as a fender like in San Diego...

Thanks,

Greg