Long Beach Race Week

Started by Drew Harper, June 09, 2010, 12:56:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim Carter

Quote from: Drew Harper on June 21, 2010, 12:52:59 PM
Timbo, We're trying to get #130 out mid-day on Thurs. Can you play hooky?

G and I are flying into Duke at 9am. I've got to dial in Wasabi's NKE's but then we are hoping to go tune sail with some Vipers...Let's meet for cocktails at the club...sunset on the Veranda !!

Drew, I'm a one man show @ work this week except for Fri.  I hope to hit the water Thur but probably won't be till 5:00..
Lt Coast Gov

Tim Carter

Quote from: Greg Jackson on June 21, 2010, 10:15:04 PM
Tim,

Are we rafting up like at the SA regatta at your club? Or are we pulling out every night? If so I'll get some Polish (I'm half Polish (I can hear the jokes on Friday now), I can say this) racing stripes tomorrow so I don't need to use my PFD as a fender like in San Diego...

Thanks,

Greg
Yea, pick up some kind of fender.  They want all the Vipers to raft up on the West end of the basin.  There putting the 5.7's on the East  End.  They will move all the trailers accross the street and the logistics to pull every night will be a pain...
Lt Coast Gov

Tim Carter

I will add that if you have a boat that seems to take on a bit of the O'l Salty, I'm sure they will let you out to drain...
Lt Coast Gov

Drew Harper

Quote from: Timothy Carter on June 22, 2010, 12:11:20 AM

Drew, I'm a one man show @ work this week except for Fri.  I hope to hit the water Thur but probably won't be till 5:00..

Any chance I can get #104 out mid-day for some tuning with Jeff Young? Can you leave in the water after sailing Weds with Steve B?

#189 UK Built Mark IV Viper "DILLIGAF"

Tim Carter

Yes, it will be in the basin.  I think with some new rags...
Lt Coast Gov

Tim Carter

I was concerned the my home venue was not going to serve up the puff card for the regatta.  No worries,  did Wet Wednesday's tonight, solid 15's with some 18+ pressure zones.  Hitting 15+ on the runs :)

btw, sailed with some early Ullman development sails...   VERY NICE!

Everybody who's coming, start masaging your jaws to keep from cramping your face due the ear to ear grins.....
Lt Coast Gov

Tim Carter

Well the breeze did not really switch on today, hope for more tomorrow.  Saw 6-9 in the 1st race, 10-14 in the second.  Got off to a good start, seems pretty hard to stay between the marks and the Doyle rockstars..
Lt Coast Gov

Phillip Davis

WTG Robert and Giggity.  Take the Left Coast Boys and show em were the Hurt Locker is located!  Nicely done all.  Tim will be seeking revenge at the ISAF in Dago!

Tim Carter

No revenge...   Bob and team Giggity earned every bit of their win.  They came back from MANY setbacks and kicked my ass!

Good job Team Giggity!
Lt Coast Gov

Brad Boston

Thanks for the great hospitality at Long Beach Race week. You really know how to put on a good show...It was really nice to race Vipers on the west coast and see how the fleet is developing. We had an absolute great time. Anytime you have 4 or 5 boats that can win on the last day is great racing.
Thanks for a good time...

Brad Boston
Doyle Boston Sailmakers
[email protected]
(519) 344-5236

Drew Harper

Great to have you out West Brad. Congrats on the win. Hard fought and well done.

Hoping we can find a boat for You, Lee and Eric to sail on for ISAF !!

I'm working on it.

#189 UK Built Mark IV Viper "DILLIGAF"

Tim Carter

Great write-up by Stacey on the front page! Thanks girl..

Again major Kudoo's to Bob Miller for carring the day..

He showed up with a new set of Doyle's and they also provided a couple of crew hands for Bob.  Now that's what I call service & support..

Go Team Giggity!
Lt Coast Gov

Brad Boston

Actually Chris is Bob's regular bow guy. He just needed a third for this regatta and I was able to go with him, great fun... By the way his sails are about 8 months old .....
Brad

Doyle Boston Sailmakers
(519) 344-5236

Tim Carter

We were all very happy you could make it out Brad.  It was great to pick your brain about the boat.  Hope you make it down to 'Dago for the ISAF.  :)
Lt Coast Gov

Greg Jackson

Hey Tim,

Could you see if someone turned a green/silver Olympus 1030SW waterproof camera into lost and found at your club? Mine seems to have dissapeared after a week ago Thursday at your club. Chrisann doesn't remember what she did with it...

Thanks,

Greg