Long Beach Race Week

Started by Glenn Selvin, March 06, 2009, 06:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomas A. Dent

If the Bazzooms are US Coast Guard Approved, then can we waive the PFD requirement for our fleet...?

Glenn Selvin

These were very, very large bazooms, especially the ones in the blue bikini top...  ok, I gotta go...  I think I need some time alone.

Glenn Vanheel

finny, since most of the older boats leak somewhat, at least mine does, can we have a waiver to haul out at the end of the day? if not does anyone have a periscope for sale? glenn  USA34
F'ing Walker!

Thomas A. Dent

still trying to work out the correct spelling of Bazzooms...

Seriously, the hull drainage issue is real, however, I've not seen an exception made in other events... would be nice though. :-|

Glenn Selvin

We have, sigh.............  another planning meeting tomorrow night, after having a PRO meeting tonight. 

Sigh....................

I'll ask, though, if anyone minds the Vipes hauling out each evening.  You'll be at ABYC, and there's plenty of room, so I don't see a problem with it, even though the NOR says otherwise. 

I'll get back to y'all.

Glenn Vanheel

F'ing Walker!

Thomas A. Dent

I think that was him sleeping above...sigh...sigh...
Thanks Finn-man!

Glenn Selvin

Ok, an update...  the Vipers have permission to hoist out at ABYC each evening after racing.  Hoist out, then run the boats up an aisle so as to keep them out of the fairway.

The joke was made that gee, not only do Vipers fill up with water while sailing, but that, well, damn, they even fill up with water while sitting at the dock!

I'll be down there tonight, and tomorrow night, after work, and, well, all freaking weekend.  Come over, thank me profusely for being the Viper Concierge, and buy me a marguerita.   Just ask anyone where Glenn is...

Jeffrey Young

On the rocks? or margarita snowcone?  With or without sal?  Looking forward to thanking you in person.

Glenn Selvin

And find me a nice pair of bazzooms to suckle on.  :)

Glenn Vanheel

The joke was made that gee, not only do Vipers fill up with water while sailing, but that, well, damn, they even fill up with water while sitting at the dock!

we don't build them! we just sail them!!!!!
F'ing Walker!

David Morse

I leave all things forum for a little over a week and it has sunken to Bazooms.
What would Mounty do?  Baaaarrooo Mounty.
Thanks for the lifting permission.

Glenn Vanheel

would anyone be interested in doing a bbq at my house in huntington beach (about 10mi away) friday or saturday night? get to know you type of thing.  
F'ing Walker!

Jeffrey Young

It would be terrific to get all the viperers together.

Felipe Payet

I just found some pics on the LBRW web site, as I sit here at the computer hiding from the 103 degree and zero breeze Austin summer.  Ugh.

Viper chasing down a leadmine:
http://www.abyc.org/photos/lbrw09d1-12H.jpg

Three Vipers going downwind:
http://www.abyc.org/photos/lbrw09d1-11H.jpg

Y'all look to be having a good time...

And nice kite graphics, Drew!  Any comments about the Hydes vs. Quantums?  That blue Quantum kite on USA 33 looks like it's got nice big round shoulders and good projection to windward.

Race reports, fun stories, and pics when you can share them, pls!   :-)