Long Beach Race Week

Started by Glenn Selvin, March 06, 2009, 06:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Morse

Ahem, Finny, I have not stepped up with my entry either.
I guess I will hunt myself down-- soul searching I guess.
I'll get on it after we sail tonight in our 4kt SB

Oh and as I told you the other evening, it appears we have plenty ready to make class.

Drew Harper

Quote from: Finnster on May 21, 2009, 02:22:31 PM
So far, a whopping zero are signed up.  Zero...  that's, ahem, one less than one, and six less than the needed six boats.  Show your ability to commit, enter and pay the entry fee.  For all those who's girlfriends says you're afraid of commitment?  This is what they're talking about.  Go to lbrw.org, and register.

Don't make me have Dave come out and hunt you down like a dog! 

I'm dying to know who Finny is? I like your style.
#189 UK Built Mark IV Viper "DILLIGAF"

David Morse

Last night I reminded "Finny" why I should:
1. Only be allowed to hold the steering stick thingy on a boat.
2. Never be allowed forward of the steering stick thingy.

Oh and he had his chance.

Jeffrey Young

I've registered.  Don't have a boat yet, but I am optimistic. 

Finnster, in the drop-down menu for desired class, there is no Viper 640.  Many of the classes (Cal 25, J/24, J/80, O-30, Open 5.7) have only one boat registered, but the class is available in the drop-down menu.

Jeff

"Optimism doesn t wait on facts. It deals with prospects. Pessimism is a waste of time." 
Norman Cousins

Glenn Selvin

Don't worry, you just register, little man.  We'll do the sorting out on our end for the various classes that don't have a drop down menu.  We're actually that smart!  See, so if 15 Tupperware 26's register, and they're all registered as Tupperware 26, we'll see that, and we'll match 'em up!  So, register, put down Viper 640.  (that's the kind of boat you sail...  see how this works?  Pretty cool, huh.)  We'll put it together on our end.

Drew Harper

I sent the RC an email asking them to include a start for the Viper.

We'll see.

I don't have as much confidence in the RC to get this sorted as Finnster does.

Who's the PRO for this event?

I guess I have to wait to meet Finny at LBRW :-))

Glenn Selvin

At the LBRW meeting on Tuesday, while reviewing our classes, the Viper 640 class was added as a one design class with its own start, provided you guys can come up with, or scrape up, six boats.  As to the PRO's?  There's nine PRO's spread over three circles.

Trust me, we've done this before.

As for meeting me at LBRW?  I'll be there, believe me, living at ABYC for about five days.

I'll be the fat, white guy in a pair of Keanon Kores.

Oh, and the reason I have faith in what we're doing?  Um, ahem, I'm the regatta chair.

Drew Harper

Oh crap, I see I've just earned a string of OCS's at LBRW. 

Sorry about that Chief :-))

Drew Harper

Quote from: Finnster on May 23, 2009, 01:29:14 AM
At the LBRW meeting on Tuesday, while reviewing our classes, the Viper 640 class was added as a one design class with its own start, provided you guys can come up with, or scrape up, six boats.  As to the PRO's?  There's nine PRO's spread over three circles.

Trust me, we've done this before.

As for meeting me at LBRW?  I'll be there, believe me, living at ABYC for about five days.

I'll be the fat, white guy in a pair of Keanon Kores.

Oh, and the reason I have faith in what we're doing?  Um, ahem, I'm the regatta chair.

I went to register and there's no option for Viper?

Zup Chairman Finnster? =p

Glenn Selvin

Currently, there are two Vipers signed up, and both are listed as PHRF.  I've just gone to the Long Beach Race Week website at www.lbrw.org, and I've gone to register on line, scrolled down to the boat section, clicked the drop down menu and, voi la...  one of the classes is Viper 640.

I'll work at getting Dave Morse and Laurent Dion's entries into Viper 640 vs. PHRF under entrants.

David Morse

Goooo Finnnnnyyyy

Finnster Fan Club President

Glenn Vanheel

registered.............
i think #7 (jeff young)on the phrf class list is also registered as a viper. but is looking for a boat to charter.
F'ing Walker!

Jeffrey Young

Correct you are.  Please move Jeff Young from PHRF to the Viper 640 class.  Haven't got a boat yet, but I think I will soon.
r/ Jeff

Jeffrey Young

Oops, sorry.  I just moved it myself.  The Acura Ullman Sails LBRW website is very user friendly.
r/ Jeff

Glenn Selvin

You moved it yourself?  Could you also move Laurent Dion and Dave Morse from PHRF to Viper 640 on the LBRW website?