George Washington Regatta

Started by David Furna, January 24, 2011, 02:48:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Furna

Just registered....so we have 5. Now I have to look on the map and find the place!

Dave

Jay Harrell

Quote from: David Furna on January 24, 2011, 02:48:39 PM

Just registered....so we have 5. Now I have to look on the map and find the place!

Dave

Where: Lake Eustis Florida - about an hour north of Orlando. (LESC->http://www.lakeeustissailingclub.org/forum/index.php)
When: Feb 19-20
Five Vipers already registered, which gets us one-design status.  (Guggs, Harrell, Wilusz, Furna, Bernard)

NOR and Registration is posted at

http://www.regattaregistration.com/Default.aspx?RegattaGUID=2010GeorgeWashingtonRegatta&page=regattainformation&Type=NOR

Two days of simple, low cost,  lake racing in central Florida.  It's a dinghy regatta with a 21-foot LOA limit, so we're the "big boys" on the course.  

Robert Bernard

If anyone needs crew for this let me know. I have an experienced viper sailor that lives in Orlando looking for a ride.
Viper #76   Navi-Gator

David Furna

Jay Harrell

Quote from: Robert Bernard on January 25, 2011, 11:51:31 AM
If anyone needs crew for this let me know. I have an experienced viper sailor that lives in Orlando looking for a ride.

Getting the buzz going among local crew is always a good thing!

My boat is going to be sailing 4-up with 9 and 11 year old girls and their fathers....

Michael Gravitt

Let me see if I can get crew and I will come down.  I need the practice. Will not have new mast yet but sailing is sailing. I have Spring fever and the warmer weather will be welcome.

Craig Wilusz

come on down. we newbies too and looking forward to an education
Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur

Jay Harrell

Quote from: Michael Gravitt on January 26, 2011, 04:54:37 AM
Let me see if I can get crew and I will come down.  I need the practice. Will not have new mast yet but sailing is sailing. I have Spring fever and the warmer weather will be welcome.

There are some local crew available down in Eustis - I'll put you in touch with Ray Laguna.

cliff clark

I'm excited Vipers are coming to central Florida! I will try to get down to miami to pick up my boat . Could use some crew.

Jay Harrell

Quote from: cliff clark on January 27, 2011, 09:11:23 PM
I'm excited Vipers are coming to central Florida! I will try to get down to miami to pick up my boat . Could use some crew.

We'd love to see you there - we have six boats coming so far.  Ray has some local crew available.  You can contact him directly at raylaguna5 at gmail.com and tell him you're from the Viper fleet.

Justin Scott

Just followed the links.

What is not to like here?

$45 entry fee!  Hey go wild, order tickets for the Saturday night barbeque for all your crew and friends and any hitchhikers you picked up along the way....at $5 per head.

Its February and its Florida.

Cute little club on a lake....wash all the salt and grit off the boat.

Close to Orlando (Hey Jay.....if Jamie is on school break....I hear the Harry Potter ride at Universal beckoning....is Joseph in ?)

Two days of racing, with a match racing clinic on Friday.

Its perfect stop over for anyone going on to either MGRW or Miami Bacardu Cup.

This sounds like the 2011 Family Viper champs to me.

Where has this regatta been hiding?

SEVEN REGISTERED!
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Justin Scott

Any chance of asking Ray if folks can leave boats at the club between GeoWash and Miami/MGRW? That would be a pull.
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

David Furna

Ray has given his blessing. I'm leaving 55 there for a couple of weeks, until Miami Sailing Week.

Craig Wilusz

Eight Vipers today 02/02/11

A butt load of Scots, like 26 of em.  Ramp Racing!
Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur

Craig Wilusz

8 registered, can we get more?   33 Flying Scots registered.  Looks like a fun time.

Deborah and I are bringing Rum and Vodka for Viper sailors.

C and D
Ice Melted
Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur