Bacardi NEWPORT Sailing Week

Started by Matt Sole, March 20, 2011, 01:04:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Sole

I was the second boat to register beaten by a M24.

Can we as a class please be proactive about this and get entries sorted out early and in great Numbers.
Booze it or lose it

Hijack GBR 78

Jonathan Nye

94 has registered. Was shocked at the entry fee as posted on Yachtscoring so I checked the preliminary NOR. $450 on Yachscoring, $325 in the NOR. $325 was the cost of the Miami event. I'll confirm that the $325 is correct and get the online entry changed.

4 entries currently.

Olaf Bleck

Quote from: Jonathan Nye on March 20, 2011, 10:05:01 AM

94 has registered. Was shocked at the entry fee as posted on Yachtscoring so I checked the preliminary NOR. $450 on Yachscoring, $325 in the NOR. $325 was the cost of the Miami event. I'll confirm that the $325 is correct and get the online entry changed.

Yeah, that stole my breath too, so I opted not to pay yet.  Seems exorbitant for three days of sailing.  $325 I can swallow, but more than that and you have to start wondering if it's about the money, vis-a-vis Key West for around $800-$900+.  Aren't Bacardi and EFG picking up enough of the tab?  Newport Coastal Living was only $130, and BBR is $190 for PHRF (less for one-design, but  I did get 8 hats last year...)

Just my 2 bits.
East Coast: Viper #56;  West Coast: Viper #24 (available for charter)

Dan Tucker

Now 5 Vipers to 1 M24. Entry fee for Vipes is $325 until June 7.

Get on it folks!!
Race it like you stole it.

Olaf Bleck

It appears that the price on yachtscoring has been corrected to reflect $325.  (unless I read wrong yesterday...)

Reg Link:
http://www.yachtscoring.com/emenu.cfm?eID=474

Jonathan Nye

Quote from: Olaf Bleck on March 20, 2011, 11:39:33 PM
It appears that the price on yachtscoring has been corrected to reflect $325.  (unless I read wrong yesterday...)

Reg Link:
http://www.yachtscoring.com/emenu.cfm?eID=474

Yes... Got confirmation from the organizers and yachtscoring that the entry is $325 and that it's been fixed.
Jonathan

Brad Boston

WOW $325 for 3 days of racing. This seems really high to me... The entry fee for the 2011 North American will be $175 and this includes meals and a bunch of drinks.

Brad

Olaf Bleck

Quote from: Brad Boston on March 21, 2011, 02:27:40 PM

WOW $325 for 3 days of racing. This seems really high to me... The entry fee for the 2011 North American will be $175 and this includes meals and a bunch of drinks.

I think that's the unfortunate difference between a yacht club based, volunteer organized regatta, vs. for-profit race management at a not-free facility...  CRW is about the same.

Jay Harrell

Brad

Great job Brad, and we LOVE you for it!  The guys at Mardi Gras Race Week did this too - $60 for racing and snacks (real meals extra)

Jeff Jones

Second that Brad,  the 150.00 your going to save me on our entry fee alone will go a long way toward covering my fuel cost.    And we're in for some food and drinks @ that? 

Good on ya and whomever else is working so hard up there.  Cant wait!!

Olaf Bleck

Quote from: Jeff Jones on March 21, 2011, 03:47:37 PM
Second that Brad,  the 150.00 your going to save me on our entry fee alone will go a long way toward covering my fuel cost.    And we're in for some food and drinks @ that? 

Good on ya and whomever else is working so hard up there.  Cant wait!!

Ditto

Dan Tucker

Quote from: Olaf Bleck on March 21, 2011, 02:54:50 PM

I think that's the unfortunate difference between a yacht club based, volunteer organized regatta, vs. for-profit race management at a not-free facility...  CRW is about the same.
Absolutely right.

This will be a rather different event experience than the Coastal Living Newport Regatta. I didn't think twice about the entry fee for Bacardi in Miami, which was the same. I can afford a couple of bigger budget regattas a year, but I'm personally VERY grateful that the NA's are going to be more affordable!
Race it like you stole it.

David Chapman

your forgetting something...

the Bacardi girls will be there, thats where these hiddin costs go

Brad Boston

We have French and Romanian Girls here...

Jeff Jones

So what your saying is, if your not careful sarnia could be a very expensive regatta.  ;-)

Quote from: Brad Boston on March 22, 2011, 04:26:35 PM
We have French and Romanian Girls here...