Bacardi NEWPORT Sailing Week

Started by Matt Sole, March 20, 2011, 01:04:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Beardsley

Now up to 22 boats with the addition of Parkin and Schwartz. 

Newport: 4 out of 10 (get those new guys signed up!)

Marblehead: 6 out of __ (12?)

Western CT: 5 out of 12

Larchmont: 4 out of 5 (guy who is missing won't be back in the States until July 1)

Eastern CT: 3 out of 4

Have those Newport boats been delivered yet?  Any Canadians or southerners want to come over to make this a 30+ boat regatta? 
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

David Chapman

Ben Jacobsen

looks like out boat won't make it.  Not sure on the rest of the fleet, but I only saw three other vipers in the lot and sail Newport this weekend, but maybe some were at larchmont?

Peter Beardsley

Fer de Lance makes the first "really out of towner" to sign up -- 23 entries and counting. 

Boats who are signed up for the Pan American Series but who are not signed up for ACCs, and who didn't do Miami, and who are located within a 10-hour drive of Newport (reminder that you really need to do at least 2 of the 3 regattas in order to qualify, and Miami has already happened) -- I suspect/hope that many of these boats will sign up soon now that the entries are on the upswing and people are focusing on the next big event post Wickford/Larchmont: (boats who have known good excuses are omitted)

Boats who are within 30 minutes and who should really sign up
110: Jeb Peacock
158: Malcolm Gefter

Boats who are within 4 hours or less who can hopefully play hooky from work for a day to make it happen:
86: Doug Mroz
95: Holden/Delany
98: VanValkenburgh (dude, where are you?)

Road warriors who are a farther drive but who would drink free all weekend if they made the trip:
19: Jay Harrell (I just got the 25-day forecast from my meteorologist, and they say it's going to be at least 30 degrees cooler and a lot less humid in Newport than Atlanta that weekend -- those guys do incredible work)
55: David Furna (see Harrell, Jay)
57: Kelly Bechard (may get a hall pass for already making one east coast trip this month)
43: Steve Conger (see Bechard, Kelly)
70: Team Rowlinson
116: Canadian charter?
117: Harvey Barnes
119: 'Dem Jackpot boys

Other people who aren't signed up yet for the Pan American Series but who will hopefully surface soon:

New Newport boats (will these be ready yet?): Lotz, Jacobsen, Allen
Marbleheaders: Goedkoop (one of his college teammates is my co-owner, we'll have to see if this creates travel motivation), Canton, others? 

I know there are other lurkers out there who are within a few hours driving distance...
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Jay Harrell

Quote from: Peter Beardsley on June 01, 2011, 03:25:59 PM
19: Jay Harrell (I just got the 25-day forecast from my meteorologist, and they say it's going to be at least 30 degrees cooler and a lot less humid in Newport than Atlanta that weekend -- those guys do incredible work)

I'm sure that forecast is about right.  But it's still over 2100 miles round trip.  Ouch!   Only 1600 miles back and forth to Sarnia... saving my hall passes for that one.

Paul Zimmerman

I have two Newport boats, one LYC boat and a cCanadian boat in my shop for pick up.  Outside shot at Jacobson and Dougherty boats being here on time.  Leaving the UK next week I believe.

Matt Sole

Is that Chuck Allen and Phil Lotz boats?
Booze it or lose it

Hijack GBR 78

Dan Tucker

Five days left to register, deadline is June 7th.
Race it like you stole it.

Peter Beardsley

Quote from: Dan Tucker on June 02, 2011, 11:25:11 AM
Five days left to register, deadline is June 7th.
Pre late fee at least -- extra $100 after June 7.  But the fence sitters definitely need to get entries in. 
Viper 333 "Glory Days"

Paul Zimmerman

Peter Beardsley

Now up to 25 boats apparently:

Newport: 6 out of 10

Marblehead: 6 out of __ (12?)

Larchmont: 4 out of 5

Plus 'dem Jackpot boys from Hazzard County and the Fer de Lancers.  
Viper 333 "Glory Days"

Matt Sole

This regatta does also conflict with Block Island Race Week.

Quite a few people will be doing that instead. It was not a particularly good idea to put this at the same time as one of the biggest regattas in the north east.
Booze it or lose it

Hijack GBR 78

Peter Beardsley

Now up to 27 boats just before the late fee kicks in...can we hit 30?  Goedkoop must have gotten his trailer fixed fast.  Marblehead fleet takes the lead on participation.

Newport: 6 out of 10

Marblehead: 7 out of __ (12?)

Larchmont: 4 out of 5

Plus 'dem Jackpot boys from Hazzard County and the Fer de Lancers. 

Sure hope a couple of those Swan 42 Newport guys hurry back from Block Island Race Week to at least race Saturday/Sunday, even if they end up missing Friday.
Viper 333 "Glory Days"

Matt Rowlinson

Quote from: Peter Beardsley on June 01, 2011, 03:25:59 PM
Fer de Lance makes the first "really out of towner" to sign up -- 23 entries and counting. 

Road warriors who are a farther drive but who would drink free all weekend if they made the trip:
55: David Furna (see Harrell, Jay)
57: Kelly Bechard (may get a hall pass for already making one east coast trip this month)
43: Steve Conger (see Bechard, Kelly)
70: Team Rowlinson
116: Canadian charter?
117: Harvey Barnes
119: 'Dem Jackpot boys

Other people who aren't signed up yet for the Pan American Series but who will hopefully surface soon:

Team Rowlinson regrets--we booked Marblehead with spouses and work before Bacardi came on board--so Marblehead is where we'll be & hope to see lots of boats from CT-RI-MA-NH there.  This looks like an awesome regatta though--another year.

Drew Harper

Just in case you haven't seen what you're racing for....TADA...here's the EFG ACC Trophy !

Big Kudos to Tim Carter (Southern Cal Rep), Justin Scott and EFG for their support!

Kick Some Ass boys and Girls !!!
#189 UK Built Mark IV Viper "DILLIGAF"