Joe Healey

Viper 121 Live Wire

Brian Barmmer

Already Registered  - Currently looking for beer-for-bed opportunities
RIP Viper #92 - My Next One Will Be Safety Orange
C9H13NO3

Joe Healey

Brian,
Nice sailing in Wickford. Hopefully we will get some more boats for Newport. I can't help you with a bed but I can drink your beer. See you there.
Joe H
Viper 121 Live Wire

Matt Rowlinson

Peter Beardsley

As I posted in an earlier thread (which I just deleted so that we can consolidate threads on this regatta):

The next leg of both the EFG Bank Viper Pan American Championship and the Northeast Viper circuit is July 13-15 in Newport, RI at the Newport Regatta.  Some of you may remember a form of this event from 2011 at the class's ACCs at the inaugural Bacardi Newport Sailing Week.

In 2012, the America's Cup World Series announced that its last stop would be in Newport from June 23 through July 1, so Newport Sailing Week was rescheduled to be the same weekend as the Newport Regatta to minimize conflicts.  Bacardi and EFG will still be there in full force, and with a ton of boats in town, it'll be an even bigger and better party.

The Vipers will be racing 3 days, though if you can only make it 2 days, that's ok too -- only Saturday and Sunday will count toward the New England championship and the Pan American Championship scores.  The 3-day scores will be for the Newport Regatta overall.  There will be separate prizes for both (I think). 
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Joe Healey

Peter,
Thanks for the info but that doesn't answer the question. Are you going?
Viper 121 Live Wire

Peter Beardsley

My cousin is getting married in Mexico.  However, my boat may still be there -- hasn't been determined yet whether Dave is taking it. 
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Justin Scott

Quote from: Peter Beardsley on June 07, 2012, 09:40:43 PM
My cousin is getting married in Mexico.  However, my boat may still be there -- hasn't been determined yet whether Dave is taking it. 

There's a great Mexican band called Panda. Get your crew T shirts right there in Mex City.
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Ben Steinberg

Lets get the signups rolling.  Entries bring more entries.  I just sent mine in! 

David Chapman

I may be kicking around with nothing to do!!!

Ben Steinberg

We're at 6, lets make it more like 26, or even 36. Did someone say rum tent? 

Mark Rowlinson

CAN 70 is driving down from Canada for this...first time in Newport.

Hope to see more than 9 boats on the line!

Peter Beardsley

Quote from: Mark Rowlinson on June 26, 2012, 03:10:33 PM
CAN 70 is driving down from Canada for this...first time in Newport.

Hope to see more than 9 boats on the line!
They've been slow in updating the registrations on the site for some reason (nothing new for any class since June 20).  I know of at least another 3-4 boats who say they've signed up. 
Viper 333 "Glory Days"

Matt Rowlinson

Really looking forward to this--first time in Newport.  Any locals want to post tips?  Where will the course be?  I hear from folks who were there last year that there is current :).

Matt CAN 70

Peter Beardsley

The racing will almost certainly be north of the Newport Bridge, probably south and west of Gould Island if it was anything like last year, though maybe some Newport locals can weigh in with more on that.  I remember the deeper water being on the Gould Island side of the Bay, which made a difference a couple of times. 
Viper 333 "Glory Days"