Annapolis NOOD - May 3-4, 2014

Started by Peter Beardsley, February 21, 2014, 10:52:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Beardsley

There are a couple of Vipers signed up for the Annapolis NOOD. http://www.yachtscoring.com/emenu.cfm?eID=938

The dates are listed as May 2-4, but we can talk about whether we'd get a better turnout if racing was just Saturday-Sunday for the Vipers, and maybe Friday could be a demo day.

There will be more Annapolis support for the boat in 2014 thanks to a Rondar push and if you're thinking about the event, there will be some local prospects available.  There will even be places to leave the boat in the Annapolis area post-Charleston for those who want someplace to ditch the boat for a few weeks. 

Who else can we get interested in this?
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Tyler Moore

I'm all for either option.  Working on logistics now.  Intend for this to be a top notch event.  Perhaps our own private tow in and out?  Please chime in if anyone wants to leave their boats in Annapolis between Charleston and NOOD.  Can I get a preliminary count of who is thinking of coming?

Joe Healey

I am in if we can arrange to sail just Saturday and Sunday.
Viper 121 Live Wire

Steve Chapman

87 is going to Annapolis from Charleston - seems like the right place to be when there is still 18" of snow in Ottawa!

Any information on where to store the boat is most welcome.

Steve

Oshunmare
CAN 87
Steve Chapman
Oshunmare - Viper #288
Chair International Viper 640 Class Association
Ottawa - Great Lakes Region

Steve Chapman

Only 5 entries so far, need at least 6 to get our own start. Is it confirmed we are just 2 days for Vipers?
Steve Chapman
Oshunmare - Viper #288
Chair International Viper 640 Class Association
Ottawa - Great Lakes Region

Peter Beardsley

I don't know what's going to happen with this - we heard back from NOOD organizers late last week that they're not willing to make this a 2-day event for the Vipers.  With the event at 3 days, I cannot participate and I suspect a few others can't either, though it would be great if some people wanted to pull it together.  It is incredibly unrealistic and inflexible of NOOD organizers to get local participation for 3 days but if other classes can do it because of regional championships or an abundance of vacation time, more power to them.   
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Richard Prieto

Peter--  Thanks for your efforts on this.  It does seem strange that they would be so strict. As it is, I will at some point withdraw from the event. I believe the NOR says we have until the 24th to do so. 

Rich Prieto    Viper 124
Viper 124
Southold NY

Joe Healey

Unfortunately I will not be able to attend either. I think that Marblehead made accommodation for classes to only race 2 of the 3 days.
Viper 121 Live Wire

Peter Beardsley

I think other NOODs have made accommodations in the past, so I don't understand the stance here, but it is what it is.  Marblehead NOOD 2014 will be 3 days FYI to anyone wondering, but it will also be Viper New England Champs. 
Viper 333 "Glory Days"

Tyler Moore

I think we can, as a class, decide on a 2 day event.  If no one shows up to the course on Friday, due to a lack of wind or "trouble launching", then that also is what it is, if you know what I mean.  It would make things much easier for me to only sail 2 days and I will plan on that if the rest of you can plan on joining me.

In the meantime, allow me to also work on some back channels.

Joe Healey

If we all agree to just sail 2 days and stick to it then the race management doesn't have much of a choice. We all just get a DNS for day 1. I would be in for that.
Viper 121 Live Wire

Paul Zinger

Good idea Joe, I would be in for that.

Michael Gravitt

I am in for either. Trying to locate lodging now.

Tyler Moore

Hi Steve,

Get in touch with Geoff Ewenson for storage in Annapolis.  He will be at CRW (sailing on a big boat).  410-320-2805

Justin Scott

Quote from: Joe Healey on March 31, 2014, 03:10:28 PM
If we all agree to just sail 2 days and stick to it then the race management doesn't have much of a choice. We all just get a DNS for day 1. I would be in for that.

+1.......or more likely it will be scored DNC

Did Not Care.
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee