Annapolis NOOD - May 3-4, 2014

Started by Peter Beardsley, February 21, 2014, 10:52:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Scott

Okay, we have 6 boats signed up on the agreement that we all score DNC (Do Not Care) for Friday.

If Peter and Joe sign up, that will take us to 8 boats!   I'm in if we have 8 boats and I think we can build it a bit from there.
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Justin Scott

Quote from: Tyler Moore on March 20, 2014, 10:34:27 AM
I'm all for either option.  Working on logistics now.  Intend for this to be a top notch event.  Perhaps our own private tow in and out?  Please chime in if anyone wants to leave their boats in Annapolis between Charleston and NOOD.  Can I get a preliminary count of who is thinking of coming?

Tyler......some interest building in this. Please can you say a bit more about logistics. Ched is interested in sailing a Viper at Naptown NOOD and gave us a heads up that logistical planning (including where we hoist and launch) can make it a lot more enjoyable. A tow back and early arrival at docks/hoist could be very gold plated experience.
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Tyler Moore

I'm working 2 leads for our own Class motorboat.  I want it to be big enough to carry adequate beer.  Launching wise, I'm trying to weigh between Jabin's which would cost a bit but be very nice, that sailing center where everyone launched last time, or a ramp.  What would people prefer?

Richard Prieto

The sailing center we used in 2012 was good. It was the closest to the racing area and, at least back then, was not expensive.  I would like to add that we will do either 2 or 3 days, whatever is decided. 

Rich Prieto   Viper 124
Viper 124
Southold NY

Dan Bowman

I'm borrowing Geoff's boat and have entered.
Dan Bowman
Annapolis, MD

Tyler Moore

Dan,

Any chance we can all launch at Eastport YC?

Steve Chapman

Quote from: Tyler Moore on April 09, 2014, 08:07:34 AM
Hi Steve,

Get in touch with Geoff Ewenson for storage in Annapolis.  He will be at CRW (sailing on a big boat).  410-320-2805

Thanks - will do.

Steve Chapman
Oshunmare - Viper #288
Chair International Viper 640 Class Association
Ottawa - Great Lakes Region

Steve Chapman

So this is a bit vague - with the 2 day / 3 day issue, at least one registered boat (#124) indicating they may pull out - we may not have a class in any case. Do we still have 6?

For me it's a long way to go if we don't have a class/event - and if nobody shows up on Thursday to register, the organizers may not agree to let us race or give us a start.

Registered are 50, 54, 87, 69, 181 and 124.

Is everyone in for this event or not?

Steve
Steve Chapman
Oshunmare - Viper #288
Chair International Viper 640 Class Association
Ottawa - Great Lakes Region

Tyler Moore

Yes, I'm in.  We will race Sat and Sun.  #44 should be signing up shortly as well as #201,#219, and #220 in the next few days.

Peter Beardsley

I think 121 and 206 are interested too -- I cannot make it now due to a family commitment, but will help rally interest once we have 10 entries, which it sounds like we will soon -- I think a lot of other people will be excited to see 10 entries and will sign up accordingly.  If you're on the fence, sign up and be part of the solution.
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Peter Beardsley

There are now 10 entries for the Annapolis NOOD.  Exciting stuff, nice work everyone.  Can we get to 15?  No other organized Viper one design racing in the northeast until Larchmont Memorial Day May 23-24, so if you want to race (esp. if you missed Charleston), this is a good way to do it.  Warmer than Canada too...
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Joe Healey

OK I'm all signed up. Anyone have some info on hotels?
Viper 121 Live Wire

Paul Zimmerman

Peter Beardsley

Viper 333 "Glory Days"

Joe Healey

Anyone know where the Vipers will be launching from?
Viper 121 Live Wire