2014 Viper North American Championship (Entries open)

Started by Tim Carter, January 16, 2014, 11:20:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Beardsley

Pretty epic event.  The Class will have to go back to ABYC in the near future.  And more boats will have to attend so that others don't miss out.  The recent class survey revealed a number of things that people look for when deciding to attend an NAs.  ABYC and Long Beach checked all of those boxes.  Great job Timbo & Co.  Final results: http://www.abyc.org/upload/2014_Viper_NA7.htm

Lots of photos posted online -- 1100 and counting. 
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

John Leyland

Simply an awesome event.  Thank you everyone and especially Timbo, et al. at ABYC.  Great boat, great people and great racing.  It's the reason I bought a Viper!

Thanks again.
Viper 191 - "Moistened Bint"
Vancouver, BC

Justin Scott

Just want to quickly add a few "thank you" s on a personal level.

On behalf of the 5 East Coast boats on Billy's rig.......Thank you to Peter Beardsley for organizing this and pulling it together. We simply would not have been in Long Beach without this option. Your energy, enthusiasm and encouragement got us to the 2014 NAs. I came so close to not being able to make this event but you stayed on my case and I am so glad that you did. Fantastic event.

Nigel Brownett, Viper#34, Snake Eyes, ABYC, Thank you for helping out a brother Viper with a replacement hatch cover.  I lost mine somewhere between Norwalk and Los Angeles. The local West Coast hospitality went into overdrive and by the time racing started, local fleet member Nigel had found me a new one.   

The folks on the debrief panel....it was really interesting...and a shout out to Curtis Florence who openly shared in detail the step by step boat handling techniques that they used on Brad's winning boat and who seemed on a mission to help everyone get better.

And everyone at ABYC. From the moment I pulled into the club in our hire car we were given the warmest welcome possible.
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Peter Bauer

What a blast!  Thanks Timbo and ABYC.  We broke down the first day and had some rough races, but the Wild Hogs still had a terrific time. 

Tim Carter

In case you missed it, a new photo album has been posted from the Committee boats view of things..    ;)     Great Stuff!!!!

The photo of "Last Call" is the best!!!!!!!

http://www.msnphotography.com/Sailing/Viper-North-Americans-2014
Lt Coast Gov