2014 Viper North American Championship (Entries open)

Started by Tim Carter, January 16, 2014, 11:20:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim Carter

Jib Raffle is now closed, Great job everybody..   36 entrants so far, and I know there is still a lot of folks who have not thrown in their hat yet..

Lot's of other reasons to get here, more sails, covers, rum, sun, breeze, new officers elected @ the AGM, new rules..  ;)

"California is the place you want to be, so get on out to ABYC"
Lt Coast Gov

Tony Chapman

NA's are going to be fantastic this year.  Long Beach is one of the best venues in North America to race a Viper and everyone is going to have a great time.  Congrats to Tim on getting 36 entries when the event is still 4 months away. 

Peter Beardsley

40 entries now for Viper NAs, and only one more spot left on the second 4-boat trailer leaving from the east coast.  If you want that final spot, drop me a line ASAP and sign up for the regatta.
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Garrett Johns

I think we might have a "drug induced" post :)
Kevin are you sure that is the right link? I was all jacked to see some sailing!
USA 129
Anacortes WA

Peter Beardsley

It may be the right post, but it may also only be viewable to friends of the person who posted it.  I can't see it either, would be great if it was up on YouTube. 
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Garrett Johns

Up to 44 entries and only 57 days til show time....just in case everyone else isn't crossing off the countdown calendar.
USA 129
Anacortes WA

Tim Carter

Hi everybody...  have had my head in the soup.

As soon as we get so website issues sorted out, I will be putting up links to pre-order regatta clothing and swag.  I will also be selling $5 wrist bands for a 3hr pub crawl on Thur evening.  I need a head count to know how many double decker buses we need..  :)

Loose planning:

Tues: Measure in, dining care of a couple of LA gourmet food trucks, followed by the AGM

Wed: Racin, with a fish taco fest to follow

Thur: Racin, Pub Crawl in the evening for those that are brave enough

Fri: Racin, Steak / Fowl cook out

Sat: Racin, And some sort of festivities to follow..  :)

Lt Coast Gov

Peter Beardsley

There is a Labor Day Regatta at ABYC as an unofficial "Pre NAs" Aug. 30-31 (Saturday-Sunday) for anyone who will be there early.  Online registration and NOR posted at http://www.abyc.org/event.cfm?id=1878 -- I am told that more boats will sign up.  :-) 
Viper 333 "Glory Days"

Tim Carter

Yes the Labor Day event will kick off the festivities:

Sat & Sun ABYC Labor Day Regatta, Viper Pre-NA's

Monday, Labor Day.  i will be there to start entries and help with measurement.  The BBQ will be going.

Tues:  Main regestration date and measurements.  0900-1700.  AGM promptly @ 1800, food trucks and beves to follow

Wednesday-Sat, the fun happens  FYI, we will be awarding the 1st Corinthian Perpetual at this event.  This is open to any boat that is not have a Cat 3 sailor aboard.

In order to qualify, YOU MUST FIRST GO TO THE ISAF WEBPAGE and record your status with them.         http://members.sailing.org/classification/

Watch this thread for more info.  We are looking forward to showing everyone a great time.

Timbo
Lt Coast Gov

Tim Carter

I am not sure of everyone's housing status, but I think there are a few room left at the Ayres and the Queen Mary on this discounted rate, but you need to move fast.

http://www.abyc.org/upload/2014_Viper_NA_Housing.pdf
Lt Coast Gov

Justin Scott

Im struggling to find the regatta website page. I found it before a couple of times and I know it is a bit of a hunt. At this stage, can we have the link front and center of the home page?
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Justin Scott

Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Tim Carter

Lt Coast Gov

Greg Jackson

Tim Carter

I Tried..  items on site or delivered post event
Lt Coast Gov