2013 Atlantic Coast Champs (July 13-14)

Started by Peter Beardsley, May 10, 2013, 02:28:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Beardsley

Viper ACCs will be part of the Newport Regatta in 2013.  You have the option to race all 3 days (July 12-14), but only July 13-14 will be scored toward the Atlantic Coast Championship (with a discounted entry fee for 2 days vs. 3 days), so if you or your crew can't get out of work on Friday, it doesn't matter -- you should still plan to attend.

Online registration and the NOR are posted at https://sailnewport.worldsecuresystems.com/regattas/newportRegatta/

They will be updating registration numbers every week or so (as opposed to YachtScoring or RegattaNetwork, where it is updated instantly), so don't be freaked out if you don't see any boats signed up -- I'm already signed up, and I think a couple of other people are as well.  It would be great to have a strong early presence of Viper registrations given that this is a multi-class event that gets a lot of attention.
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

David Furna

The NC Viper will be there.......too damn hot to race down here....Newport is the place to be

Dave
V123

Peter Beardsley

6 vipers signed up that we know of (they don't update the entry list in real time), 24+ more to go.  Remember that there's a 2-day entry fee for people who can't sail Friday, and only the scores from Saturday and Sunday count toward the ACCs (with separate regattta trophies for Friday-Sunday, and then just Saturday-Sunday). 
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Peter Beardsley

12 Vipers now signed up...let's keep it coming. 
Viper 333 "Glory Days"

Peter Beardsley

Note this this regatta is the main east coast qualifier for the EFG Pan American Championship: http://www.viper640.org/component/content/article/14-news/419-efg-revamps-viper-pan-american-championship-sponsorship - though if you can't make ACCs, you can get your points at CORK in August as well. 
Viper 333 "Glory Days"

Justin Scott

Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Dave Nickerson

Dave and Moise are in.  Zim - get that new boat done!
Viper #208 - Noank, CT

Justin Scott

Fletch is IN!

But I think the sign up system requires someone to chip away on a stone tablet with a chisel before it appears on the website.
Viper - Mambo Kings

Justin Scott

David Dougherty has been warned that I have a wax model of 170's keel cassette and I start sticking pins in it until he signs up.
Viper - Mambo Kings

Peter Beardsley

There are several more Larchmont boats who will be in (56, 162, 177, 205, 206), so throw in those 5, Justin, Nickerson, Fletcher, 15 (who Nickerson says is coming), Dan Tucker in 201, Rich Prieto (also says he's coming), and Ted Green (ditto), and we're up to 24 boats without trying too hard, though the devil is always in the details.  There are another 5-6 people who I think are likely to come, though it'd help if we had the 20+ entries showing first. 

For the record, we are still the largest class on entries received to date, so despite the constant harassment from myself and Justin (esp. Justin today), thanks to everyone for being supportive of early turnouts to rally support. 

Also, for those who are looking for cost effective housing (always a good trick in Newport in the summer), below is a note from the 505 east coast list serv:

"Found inexpensive accommodations near Newport for the ECC/Newport Regatta Jul 12-14: The Baypoint Inn & Conf Center of Roger Williams U. has rooms for $89/night. College dorm rooms but seem a little nicer than most. About 8 miles north of the regatta site. Phone 401-254-7300."
Viper 333 "Glory Days"

Barry Canton

Viper 83 Purplexed is signed up for all three days, representing the Marblehead peeps.

Cole Constantineau

Patched Up (#39) is all signed up for the 3 day!  Here's hoping my Macguyvered trailer axle has at least 180 miles left in it :)

Peter Beardsley

Now up to 20 Vipers registered...good work everyone.  We will allegedly be on an outside course, same circle as the J/70s and J/24s, which should make for good racing. 

I think there's a reasonably good chance we get to 30 Vipers if everyone who's said they're coming via email follows through.  Low end is 27, high end is 34-35 if everything breaks perfectly.  A number of people have commitments (about a dozen circuit regulars unfortunately), and we realize July is a busy month, with a number of good Viper racing options in the northeast and a 2-day regatta every weekend for those who want it.  At minimum, expecting to see entries from 15, 52, 56, 124, 162, 175, 205, 206.  Could also see 40, 50, 77, 128, 158, 170, 177, and 182, and maybe a couple of other folks will surprise us. 
Viper 333 "Glory Days"

Paul Zinger

Registered, 3 Days.

Thanks dad for sailing up from Shelter Island to be a floating hotel for a few days :)

Dan Tucker

Outside circle will be a change of pace. Nice!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

Race it like you stole it.