2013 Atlantic Coast Champs (July 13-14)

Started by Peter Beardsley, May 10, 2013, 02:28:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Scott

Traditionally, Vinnie harasses the late registrants to pay their Vig.

The Class President has asked Vinnie to be nicer.

So Vinnie is going to come to your door with a base ball bat and say "Please"
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Fletcher

"It's Business Time" is in for all three days!
Viper 207 Back in Business

Justin Scott

Rumor has it that the Class Prez is sending Vinnie and some of his boys up to Vermont to make someone an offer they cannot refuse. 
Viper - Mambo Kings

Jason Hyerstay

Unfortunately, I am losing my best crew after this week. He is moving to Rhode Island.

Hmm...
Jason Hyerstay - Streetwise - Viper 640 #195 - Lake Champlain Yacht Club, Shelburne, Vermont, USA, https://lcyc.info

Peter Beardsley

Quote from: Jason Hyerstay on June 19, 2013, 10:13:25 PM
Unfortunately, I am losing my best crew after this week. He is moving to Rhode Island.

Hmm...
So you have someone to sail with in Rhode Island who may even be able to offer free housing, have a second Viper owner now in VT who may be able to sail in a combined-force effort, have a really tricked out Viper in excellent shape (that you may or may not have promised to race in Newport in 2013 as part of the terms of sale from what I heard)...what's the debate?  Come on down! 
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Jason Hyerstay

The free loft housing in Providence was actually discussed tonight. I wouldn't be surprised if Mark E. in #42 decides to go.

Must negotiate with spouse...
Jason Hyerstay - Streetwise - Viper 640 #195 - Lake Champlain Yacht Club, Shelburne, Vermont, USA, https://lcyc.info

Dan Tucker

Quote from: Jason Hyerstay on June 19, 2013, 11:04:27 PM
The free loft housing in Providence was actually discussed tonight. I wouldn't be surprised if Mark E. in #42 decides to go.

Must negotiate with spouse...
Spouses/significant others love coming to Newport. So much so that my old J/24 skipper had two show up one year. As we approached the dock, "If I jump off and swim for it, you'll know I saw both of them waiting on the dock."

So if you only have one, it's a piece of cake! Just negotiate the shopping budget, and know that she'll be as honest about that as you are about your regatta budget.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

Race it like you stole it.

Justin Scott

Seriously Jason.....we would love to have Vermont represented at the ACCs. If you can make it, either both boats or a combined team, you would have a great time and we would all enjoy seeing you again and catching up.
Viper - Mambo Kings

Peter Beardsley

Now up to 24 entries...let's go Green Mountain Viperers! 
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Justin Scott

25!

Vinnie got a bit flustered on the drive to upstate Vermont. There were no sidewalks, too many trees, no delis or barber shops and the State Troopers looked like they were out of a 1960s show of Yogi Bear. Green Mountain state is a place not an after coffee buzz. Complete strangers waved and smiled at him. He started to feel like he was about to wake up from a dream about being in a witness protection program.

So he turned tail and headed back to New York.

So we are just hoping that Jason and Mark will come down to see us in Newport of their own choosing. It is a great party!
Viper - Mambo Kings

Peter Beardsley

Now up to 27 Vipers.  There's a late fee for anyone who registered after this Friday (July 5).
Viper 333 "Glory Days"

Peter Beardsley

Fun weekend in Newport.  The start of a recap is posted at http://viper640.org/efgpanam/2013/07/14/nail-biting-tie-breakers-at-newport/ - photos and more detail to follow on the front page in the next couple of days.  Still some scoring errors to be worked out in the three-day results, but otherwise results are posted at https://sailnewport.worldsecuresystems.com/regattas/newportRegatta/2013newportregattaresults.html

The Vipers were the largest class at the Newport Regatta, making this just another in a long string of 2013 multi-class regattas where the Vipers had the largest turnout (Long Beach Race Week, Cedar Point One Design Regatta, Newport Regatta, along with strong turnouts in Charleston and Miami Race Weeks). 
Viper 333 "Glory Days"

Fletcher

Viper 207 Back in Business