2010 Detroit NOOD

Started by Lee Shuckerow, October 13, 2009, 10:42:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee Shuckerow

Anyone interested in sailing in Detroit in the spring? Usually at the end of May. We now have two boats in the area and three boats in Ottawa so its a good start. It is always a good event with breeze and plenty to drink.
We just got back from the East Coast and it was under ten hours of trailering!
We normally sail small boats out of Crescent Yacht Club which has all of the facilities we need and a short sail to the race course.
And always amazingly clean fresh water to sail in!
Jackpot  #235

Kelly Bechard

It looks like the dates for Detroit NOODS is June 4th-6th this year. Hopefully we can get a fleet. This is a good event and Crescent has a good setup for storing/launching boats. I'm picking up #57 this weekend and hope to sail Detriot and maybe a few others before then.

Lee Shuckerow

does anyone know how to get a regatta on the events and news page on the home page?
Jackpot  #235

Matt Rowlinson

If this happens we'll be there with Grendel

Matt, CAN 70

Lee Shuckerow

Quote from: Matt.Rowlinson on November 11, 2009, 07:56:07 PM
If this happens we'll be there with Grendel

Matt, CAN 70
Detroit Nood always happens with or without us. But if we can get some more vipers interested we should. The last time the vipers were there they got a lot of looks and interest.
Jackpot  #235

David Guggenheim

Black Mamba should be able to make it.

Jeff Jones

Animal will be there barring any conflicts with our local schedule.  

Justin Scott

Quote from: Shuck on November 11, 2009, 05:01:24 PM
does anyone know how to get a regatta on the events and news page on the home page?

Sure.

Just send either Dan Tucker, Felipe Payet, Jay Harrell or myself a write up and we will post it on the website.

We have an East Coast and West Coast Circuit published.

We would also like to post regional circuits. Each region dessigns its own local circuit.  The established etiquette is to try and avoid conflicting regional events with the bigger national events so that your local fleets can do both.

I know the NE and SE are working on their 2010  calendar . Texas had a circuit last season. Let us know if its happening again.

Which leads up to the class will be as helpful as possible with any publicity if you want to seed a Mid West Circuit. Its certainly something we want to nurture and grow. May i suggest liaising with David Eaves from the Lake Carlyle fleet who is also keen to get something going.
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Lee Shuckerow

I am assuming in Carlyle Lake in IL. Does anyone know how to contact David Eaves?
Jackpot  #235

Justin Scott

Shuck. Email me . I probably ought not to post someone email on the web.

I'm justinscott at optonline dot net.

Lake Carlyle near St Louis.
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Erik Eaves

Shuck,

PM me. I have been trying to get a Midwest Circuit going. Here in St. Louis we have two boats. We race on Carlyle Lake which is about an hour east of St. Louis. 

Erik Eaves
Rascal 2.O

Kelly Bechard

How many are thinking of sailing the Detroit NOOD regatta - June 4, 5, 6? We've got 2 boats in the Detroit area, 1 in Toronto and 3 in Ottawa. Hopefully we can get some boats to join us for this event.

Lee Shuckerow

Has anyone decided if they have any interest in sailing Detroit? June 4-6.  It's been a great venue for sailingfor the last twelve years I have sailed it. We have a good relationship with Crescent yacht club which is on lake st. Clair which means we are close to our course and we don't have to sail up and down the detroit river.

I am trying to get ten boats at least committed to sail. We have two already, "jackpot" and "that's what she said".  If someone wants to fly in I will charter "jackpot" out and sail something else. Call me if interested. 586-292-9281

If we can't get ten or more boats I want to focus on sailing the Canadian Ontario championships out of Sarnia july 2-4, which I intend to put a post up about it soon.   
Jackpot  #235

Matt Rowlinson

GRENDEL is still in for Detroit.

Matt CAN 70

Kelly Bechard