2010 Detroit NOOD

Started by Lee Shuckerow, October 13, 2009, 10:42:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric Vigrass

2 boats signed up and it looks like this is going to happen. If we can get everyone registered thats coming it might help bring some more "maybe's" in for this regatta.

COME ON!!! What could be better than vipering in the D?

Lee Shuckerow

We have three signed up and another 4 committed. It would really good for class building if we can gett more boats than the melges 20 so if your not busy come and play.
Jackpot  #235

Lee Shuckerow

The latest news for Detroit is that we have seven boats registering. Here is some info for signing up

The Detroit NOOD Regatta dates are approaching fast (June 4-6).  I know you have been persuading your class about signing up but I was hoping you would let them know that the dates for class formation and late fees are coming up quickly and we would love to see more boats signed up and racing the 2010 Detroit NOOD. Late fee starts Monday, May 17th at 5PM EST and class formation deadline is May 24th with a minimum of 6 boats.  You can sign up at www.sailingworld.com, under the link NOOD Regattas, Location: Detroit and then in the middle of the page you will see the Regatta Info Center with ONLINE ENTRY FORM. If you have any questions or need any help please do not hesitate to contact me.
I hope together we can make Detroit as successful as last year!!!
Thanks!
Valerie Mey

Jackpot  #235

Matt Rowlinson

Lee Shuckerow

Well it's official Viper 640s have a start at this years Detroit NOOD.  We have a great fleet of international sailors and almost a third of the sailors are new to Vipers. The boats sailing are:

Matt Rowlinson on Grendel from London, ON
Kelly Bechard on Thats What She Said from Sarnia, ON
David/Dan Shriner on Don't Work from Detroit, MI using David Guggenheim's boat
John Strauss #99 from Illinois
Eric Vigrass on Jackpot from Detroit, MI

Jackpot  #235

Kelly Bechard

The Viper fleet sailed 9 races at the Detroit NOOD regatta this weekend. Friday and Saturday we sailed in light to medium air. Today brought some big breeze and waves that gave us a chance to really get the boats moving and have some fun.  We had some competitive racing and a lot of place changes happening between the 2nd-5th place boats. Congrats to the boys on Jackpot for a well sailed regatta and thanks for all the time you spent helping other boats in the fleet get up to speed. 

Final Results

119   Jackpot   Lee Shuckerow/Eric Vigrass   Port Huron Yacht Club   
CAN 701   TBA   Dano/David Shriner   
CAN 70   Grendel   Matt/Mark Rowlinson   Bronte Harbour YC   
99   #99   John Strauss   None   
57      Kelly Bechard   Sarnia Yacht Club   

http://www.sailingworld.com/nood-regattas/detroit/2010-sperry-top-sider-detroit-nood-results