used white spinnaker wanted

Started by Steve Gaudet, March 26, 2020, 03:03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Gaudet

Hi, I recently purchased #164 and brought her to Jacksonville Florida.  I am looking for a used all white spinnaker.  Thanks!

Steve Gaudet
1-904-540-0821

Steve Gaudet

Peter Beardsley

Congrats on the boat purchase!  Looking forward to meeting you at the Sarasota Winter Series whenever we're all able to get together again for that. 
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Steve Gaudet

Thanks Peter, I am doubtful for Sarasota in 2021 due having shoulder surgery recently.  I may have my boat available for charter though, if so I will post on the "charter boats" thread.

How did you do the Ghost Panda on your Kite?  I am planning some art work for this newly acquired white chute.  My sailmaker recommended sewing it on.  I have seen artwork done with Sharpie pens and it seemed to work ok.

Steve

Peter Beardsley

There is a company called Sailing Graphics in San Diego that does this work and we have the graphics inked on when the sail is new.  My understanding is that this is the company that most everyone in North America uses - North, Doyle, Ullman, etc.  The ink will not adhere to certain sailcloth so we are sacrificing speed for fashion when we do this.  Sewing the graphic on is a lot more expensive since you are doing an inlay unless you want to add additional material (which would weigh the sail down).
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Steve Gaudet