Viper 640 2010 West Coast Tour Final Results........What a finish !!!

Started by Laurent Dion, September 28, 2010, 12:12:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurent Dion

First of all,

A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL 2010 PARTICIPANTS AND CREW !

This Year we had 21 participants from AZ,CA,NM,TX,WA on 19 different boats
6 different venues and 33 starts . Useless to say that the last one (ISAF - Coronado) with 10 races and 14 Vipers had a HUGE impact on the final results .

Now to the results:

The 2010 winner is.......TONY CHAPMAN  !!
CONGRATULATIONS TO TONY & CREW , THEY WERE ABLE TO HOLD ON THE YELLOW KITE TO THE VERY END OF THE LAST RACE ON SUNDAY .

Second is...CHRIS WINNARD !!
Chris almost won the overall title in one Regatta - the last one. He dominated
the entire Week-end with 6 bullets out of 10 races. This is going to be tough
for the rest of us next year !!

The calendar for next is not yet defined. I will let Drew lead the discussion .

See you all and more next year , TONY IN YELLOW, starting in PHoenix in January.

Drew Harper

Thanks Laurent for all your hard work on this. What a hoot !

Congrats to Emmo, ooops, I mean Tony, for his victory and Squidge for coming on strong!

We'll be adding races, incorporating Texas and the PNW in the circuit for 2011. I'll post this on a separate thread.

Thanks again Laurent. Wish I could understand the math...NOT my subject.
#189 UK Built Mark IV Viper "DILLIGAF"

Jeffrey Young

Congratulations Tony and crew.  Great sailing.  Thanks, Laurant for your great idea and work.  We are looking forward to Leukemia regatta in January in Lake Pleasant.
Drew, I think your idea of the Vipers adopting Leukemia cup is a great idea.
Jeff

Drew Harper

Here's a link to the Leukemia Cup Schedule.  http://www.leukemiacup.org/register/

If we adopted this program we'd be the very FIRST one-design to do so...system wide.

it would speak volumes.

Tim Carter

Thanks for the link Drew..

In SoCali it looks like we could do the "Border Run".. I heard a rumor they are to have a third VERY SHORT course this year ...Newport to Dana Point...
or the race out of BCYC regatta...

In San Fran...  Oct out of "THE" San Francisco Yacht Club...  NOYCE CLUB / Location !!!  :)
Lt Coast Gov

Drew Harper

Border Run would be fun....they still running support ribs. I'm up for this one. Surfing a Viper on the waves...let me think....um. YES!!!!

14 mile race though? Can't be right. That's just a drag strip.

Newport to Dana would be a hoot. SHort course
Quote from: Timothy Carter on September 30, 2010, 06:32:36 PM
Thanks for the link Drew..

In SoCali it looks like we could do the "Border Run".. I heard a rumor they are to have a third VERY SHORT course this year ...Newport to Dana Point...
or the race out of BCYC regatta...

In San Fran...  Oct out of "THE" San Francisco Yacht Club...  NOYCE CLUB / Location !!!  :)

Chris Winnard

Tim/Drew - what about Newport to Oside? Dana Pt isn't enough time to really get rolling?! I'm up for the Newport-SD Border run course!
Disaster Area GBR-138

Tim Carter

Yea, the Zooport to 'Dago would be great if breeze holds....   Last year it did not and I think a Open 6.5 finished around 3am....and those boats are pretty quick downhill...

I want to do Catalina and back...   :)
Lt Coast Gov

Drew Harper

I'm up for any ocean stuff...just don't know how we can do some if it as we clearly don't meet many of the regs.

The Border run had lots of support boats. It seems to be falling apart some.