Upcoming West Coast Events

Started by Tim Carter, April 27, 2010, 02:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim Carter

Hey folks, just wanting to do a roll call for the next few events..

Cal Race Week June 5-6....  feeder for LBRW

LBRW  June 25-27

High Sierra  July 17-18.....  Should we all get a "flop house"....  (try not to burn it down)..  :)
Lt Coast Gov

David Morse

Glenn Vanheel

the "popsicle", viperdad, frenchy, T. C. , and myself would make a class. would any of you object to racing within a sportboat class just to draw more sporties out who can't make a class (such as a c&c 25, u20, boats within our size range)?
drew, you in?
F'ing Walker!

David Morse

Greg Jackson

I believe the new AZ boat - Charles, with John Riddell, will be there.

Invite all the speed bumps to start with us!

Drew Harper

Quote from: GVH630 on April 29, 2010, 12:58:22 AM
the "popsicle", viperdad, frenchy, T. C. , and myself would make a class. would any of you object to racing within a sportboat class just to draw more sporties out who can't make a class (such as a c&c 25, u20, boats within our size range)?
drew, you in?

I'm racing CRW on Wasabi Glenn. Sorry. I will see you guys down there.

If someone wants to charter #104, I'll haul it down.
#189 UK Built Mark IV Viper "DILLIGAF"

Glenn Vanheel

fyi    early entry deadline is may 16
we'll open it up to all sporties under 26 feet and i'll work on a separate viper trophy in addition to a sportboat 'b' class trophy.
F'ing Walker!

Tim Carter

Glen, Do you think Jerome would put up a brace of Vipers in his yard between Cal & LBRW ??

Do you think they would be safe ??
Lt Coast Gov

Glenn Vanheel

Quote from: Timbo on April 29, 2010, 12:49:50 PM
Glen, Do you think Jerome would put up a brace of Vipers in his yard between Cal & LBRW ??

Do you think they would be safe ??
working on it. who needs storage?
F'ing Walker!

Glenn Vanheel

my bad....i misread the email i got from california yc. we need to class by the end of the week so they can engrave the trophies 'viper 640 class'  here's the e-mail

Hi Glenn:

Great news ? thanks for your efforts with all of this.

Yes ? we can combine classes ? in fact I will likely be doing this for the PHRF ?C? type of boats ? if the J/24?s end up having their own class.   As long as there are at least five Viper 640 ? I will award trophies for the class and if at least three other boats ? I will award a trophy for PHRF B or Sportboat ? whatever makes more sense.  If there is not at least five Vipers then all will be put into one Sportboat class as we have done in past years.

The cut-off date for me to order trophies and have in time is May 6th.  Obviously, we will still award trophies but the actually trophy will be sent to the recipients home after the event.   So if you can rally the troops prior to the 5th and have five entries I will be able to order Viper 640 inscribed trophies ? which would be great.  I?ll forward a separate email that I have sent to other OD class contacts and you can forward to your group.

Please let me know if you need anything further.

Hope to see you all out there
F'ing Walker!

Tim Carter

According to the NOR, the Vipers should have until the 16th to establish a one-design fleet....
Lt Coast Gov

Glenn Vanheel

jusy passing on the e-mail sent to me!

timbo, my brother needs crew for the pt. dume race on his davidson 30 this saturday. call him if your interested
F'ing Walker!

Tim Carter

We exchanged e-mails, I have a Etchells commitment....

Rain Check..  :)
Lt Coast Gov