Stamford Viper Regatta - Aug. 25-26

Started by Peter Beardsley, August 12, 2012, 03:02:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Beardsley

13 Vipers signed up so far, a couple more likely to attend.  Final regatta in the WLIS Championship Series, and good practice for NAs a couple weeks later.

http://www.yachtscoring.com/emenu.cfm?eID=104

Crew available if anyone needs it.
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Peter Beardsley

Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Kay VanValkenburgh

results? watching the site from Germany, wishing we were on the water. how's it shaping up by end of day 2?
first boat I ever owned was viper #28; it was a gateway drug.
my current viper is #98; I can't sail it enough.
the resulting sailing addiction's ok up to that point, but come Winter whydahell do I also have to frostbite a Laser?!

Peter Beardsley

Absolutely spectacular weekend for sailing in Western Long Island Sound -- easterly on for both days, 13-17 kts on Saturday, 8-13 kts on Sunday, with interesting waves (non-motorboat).  11 races total.  Team Vicious Panda was up one going into the final race over Live Wire, trailed at the final weather mark with Live Wire owning the tiebreaker, but ground down Team Healey in the final 150 yards to nip 'em by a boatlength at the finish and win the regatta by two points.   Healey's consolation prize is winning the overall Western Long Island Sound Viper Championship Series by going 1st at Larchmont Memorial Day, 2nd at YRALIS Champs and 2nd at Stamford.  Charles Goodrich and team sailed extremely well on Sunday to jump into third.  Peter Bauer's team on Wild Hogs sailed extremely well on Saturday (all 2s and 3s) but couldn't hang on Sunday.  Jay Rhame won the final race despite being really light crew weight wise, and Gregg Delany (with guest driver John Bainton) won a race on Saturday despite some boom issues.  Paul Gagne sailed his first Viper regatta in a while with daughter Renee driving.  Team Dragon Fire sailed the 10 miles back from Stamford to Larchmont on Sunday in less than an hour, beating their third crew who was driving the car back.  Bob McHugh had his son driving and vows to attend Houston NAs in 2013 after getting stuck at work to miss Marblehead NAs in a couple of weeks.  A few other people got stuck this weekend at work, funerals, doing race committee, or other miscellaneous commitments.  Will post full results later if they don't post 'em on yachtscoring.com in a day or two. 
Viper 333 "Glory Days"

Peter Beardsley

Attached is my understanding of the final results -- these are unofficial though since I'm not the event chair, PRO, or anything else. 
Viper 333 "Glory Days"

Kay VanValkenburgh

thanks Peter - and congrats all! sounds like a blast!!
first boat I ever owned was viper #28; it was a gateway drug.
my current viper is #98; I can't sail it enough.
the resulting sailing addiction's ok up to that point, but come Winter whydahell do I also have to frostbite a Laser?!